• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2015 Crashes

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 2015 has crashed once daily since installing the application two weeks ago. I have not been able to isolate any consistent events leading up to each crash, although most crashes seem to occur when I try to insert a file (such as an image file) in my help project. The latest crash occurred when I tried importing a topic from another help project. I have the error from the Windows log that I can provide if necessary. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem.

Thanks,

George

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening in one project or also with the sample projects? I have experiences RH2015 crashes, but not more than previous versions of RH.

If you have the log file, please submit a bug report to Adobe via: Home The more people submit bugs, the more likely Adobe is to fix them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Willam. The problem is occurring in multiple projects, although I haven't tried one of the sample projects. The problem has occurred in an existing WebHelp project that I upgraded from RoboHelp 10, and it has occurred in a couple of new HTML5 projects I created.

I'm now beginning to wonder if this is a problem with our network. As I indicated, the problem seems to occur only when I try to insert a file, like an image, or import a topic into my help project. I recall encountering similar problems inserting image files into Word and Powerpoint documents as well as attaching files to an Outlook e-mail message. All of those applications sometimes crash while attempting to insert/attach the image or other file.

Regardless, I will send some logs to Adobe to make sure it's not a problem with the application.

Sincerely,

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2015 Aug 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think on of the first things Adobe would want to know is that you have tried a sample and tried a local project. The samples are local so that kills two birds with one stone.

If you are having similar problems with other apps, then that would seem to be the more likely cause.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE: This problem no longer occurs. No changes were made to my computer or to the RoboHelp software installed on it. I'm not sure why the program had been crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp