• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2015-Filtered Search

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have help defined for a number of applications.  I generate different outputs from on-line help to more traditional documentation and it works well.  I want to be able to link my application help files to support my call center.  Has anyone ever done this?  I have applied conditional build tags to all of my files but if I link my help files can I use the dynamic content filters in Robohelp 2015 to assist them in filtering on application and have it filter on the search as well?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

"I want to be able to link my application help files to support my call center."

Does this mean you want your Call Center representatives to simply be able to open the help files on their own PCs? How are you planning on "linking" them? Just placing the help perhaps on a server somewhere and providing a link to open it up?

Generally speaking, I believe the filters will work regardless of what you have done to link the files, But obviously, we need to know more about what you are trying to accomplish before a coherent answer can be provided.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping to "merge" the various help projects that I have and publish a responsive html 5 output that they could use on their PCs (or through their browser)  to search for information to assist clients.  I was thinking that they could either use the search or filter to the specific application and then search.  I'm not sure if this is possible in RoboHelp but I would really like to be able to leverage the information that I already have to assist them rather than trying to implement another knowledge repository just for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Merge" can have two meanings here. "Merge" as in import all the topics into one project and "Merge" as in having a parent with child projects. The latter is described on my site.

With both forms, you can apply filtering although it might be easier to set it up with one project. I am told by Adobe that filtering can be applied to a merged help setup but I have never tried it.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp