Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2015, HTML5 Responsive Help, Parent and child projects, hyperlinks

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am planning to publish help online as HTML5 Responsive help rather than locally installed CHM files.

I have published my child projects into the MergedProjects folder OK for HTML5 Responsive help. When I open the index.htm file of my parent project the merged projects are displayed correctly in the TOC. The Search also works fine across parent and child projects.

However, hyperlinks are not preserved  if they include the CHM file in the hyperlink. As a rule, I include the CHM file so that the link between CHMs will always work.

For example, links will not be preserved in the HTML5 Responsive help (no underline, no hyperlink).

Parent.chm::/GettingStarted/Notes.htm

Child1.chm::/MoreNotes.htm

Child2.chm::/EverMoreNotes.htm

But this link is preserved (underlined and hyperlinked).

/GettingStarted/Notes.htm

I need the links between CHMS, and within CHMS, to be preserved in HTML5 Responsive help. Is there an answer to this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

The format of links for CHMs and WebHelp/Responsive is different and the only solution is to create both and apply build tags. Then you use build expressions to get the link you want for that output.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The format of links for CHMs and WebHelp/Responsive is different and the only solution is to create both and apply build tags. Then you use build expressions to get the link you want for that output.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, thanks Peter. I was afraid that would be the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp