• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2015 Import Session Failed (0x80004005)

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, our team has started to see an issue with RoboHelp 2015 and updating from Microsoft Word files. When I make a change to a Word document and try to update in RoboHelp I get an error saying "Import Session Failed (0x80004005), If this error continues contact Technical Support".

- We're seeing this issue on installs of RH2015 on Windows 7 and Windows 10.

- The problem exists on any file I try and update, even in two separate RH projects.

- Environment I'm running is Windows 10 64bit, Office 365 64bit, and RoboHelp 2015

- I've updated everything in Windows and RoboHelp (running RH 12.0.4.460).

Has anyone found a fix for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know Adobe state that RoboHelp is compatible with Word 64 bit but I'm not sure if they make that claim in respect of RoboHelp 2015 or just 2017.

Regardless of that though, Microsoft themselves recommend the 32 bit version for best compatibility with other programs.

I'm wondering if an Office update has affected this process, which presumably was working OK for you before.

My own test would be to reboot one of the machines and create a new project and a new simple document, then create a link. I doubt it will help but it will rule out anything else being behind this.

Also perhaps install the trial version of RoboHelp on a machine not previously used and that has Office 32 bit, if you can.

If no progress report back here but also contact Adobe Support.

I have assumed RoboHelp is installed to the default location and your project is on a local drive.

UPDATE. After drafting the above I googled the error code. This link looks interesting.

Good luck, you might want to get some pizzas sent in to keep you going while you fix it.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp