• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2015 installs stalls at .Net

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a little off-topic, but I didn't see an install forum.

I am trying to install a trial of Robohelp 2015 onto a Windows 7 (64-bit) VM.  I have installed MS Office 2007 (Word only) and am running the Robohelp 2015 install (RoboHelp_12_LREFDJ.exe directly).  At first it had a hard time logging into my Adobe account.  That cleared up after running it several times.  Now, it gets to 48% ('Currently Installing Microsoft .NET Framework 4') and just hangs.  The time remaining keeps increasing, but nothing happens - it's up to 53 minutes remaining now).  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps ensure the VM has enough drive space allocated?

I used to run a Windows XP VM in Windows 7 and I recall running into space issues. The odd part was I don't recall seeing any warnings that helped me figure out that was the issue. Maybe because it was a VM? Not sure.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2016 Jun 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That version of Word is not supported by RoboHelp 2015 but I doubt that is the cause of any .Net message. I don't recall ever seeing RoboHelp wanting to install .Net.

Installation support is free from Adobe but I am not sure if that extends to installing it on a VM.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found the help web page and got a chat session going.  They recommended installing .NET manually and then re-installing Robohelp.  That worked.  However, Word documents are handled very differently on 2015 than it was on 7.  Each document is one big help topic – not separated by hard page breaks.  I determined that we can’t update now, but will in the future.  In the meantime, I’ll just hobble along with 2 versions of Word installed and learn to live with the bugs in 7.

===============================================================================

Philip Sobolik

Wrightsoft Corporation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds to me like you somehow overlooked setting up the pagination settings.

Also, RoboHelp 2015 Release does offer two ways of working with Word content that version 7 did not. You may now *LINK* to a Word document. (Where perhaps another person makes edits periodically and all you do is pull in the changes) or you may simply Import just as version 7 offered. In that case, you suck in the document and convert to topics, then forget it ever existed as a Word document and from this point forward you only make edits using RoboHelp.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp