• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2015 not recognising Word 2016

Participant ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to use Printed Documentation with RoboHelp from the Adobe Tech Comm Suite 2015 and get a message that the wrong version of Word is installed and needs to be Word 2000 or later. I have Word 2016. I looked at some old responses to this issue and downloaded the service packs for RH 2015. When running .exe, I get a message that the Application Manager may be damaged, so I downloaded that. After all that, I still get the same message about the wrong version of Word.

I am trying to create PDF of the WebHelp to send to a client. .

Thanks for any suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know the message says Word 2000 or newer, but in this case Word is "too new" and you need not only 2017 Release, but I believe once you have 2017 Release, you need to install the service release for RoboHelp.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread branched from original thread as it was not related. Also moved to Printed Documentation as it is not a WebHelp problem.

Post back if Rick's suggestion doesn't help.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have RoboHelp 2017, so I can't do this. Thanks for your quick responses, guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bit of a mess this thread, sorry.

Word 2016 is compatible with RoboHelp 2015 so you don't need to upgrade to that. I think it is RoboHelp 2015 that required the update before Word 2016 would work.

See Compatible versions of OS and MS Word with RoboHelp for compatibility.

The report that the application manager may be damaged is not good and that may be the cause and something that needs to be fixed. It's possible it has damaged the whole installation. First though it might be worth trying a Microsoft Office repair.

If that is not it, then there are two options. Phone Adobe Support and they will try to sort out your installation. Personally though I would just go ahead and uninstall, then apply the update from within RoboHelp. File > Help > Updates. That will apply all the updates in one go.

Give that a whirl and let us know what worked.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp