Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2015 Problems Customizing Quick Access Toolbar

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My Quick Access Toolbar is behaving erratically when I try to customize it by adding more icons.  It won't always save the icons I've added after customizing, and sometimes half of the toolbar will disappears.  Has anyone else had trouble when trying to customize the quick access toolbar or have any idea why it is not saving my changes?  After making changes, I always do a "Save All" but that doesn't always work.  The most frustrating thing right now is that half of the toolbar has disappeared.  It's behaving as if it cannot all fit on the ribbon, which isn't the case.  Sometimes I get the "dots" to click on to show the rest of the toolbar, other times they just disappear and the rest of my newly added icons do, too.  Then I have to start all over again. 

Thanks,

Lori

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is it happening every time or there is some specific scenario?

Also, is it happening across RoboHelp sessions or in the same session?

I tried adding a lot of items to QAT and it saved all of them correctly as shown in image below:

QAT.PNG

Do you change the theme of RoboHelp in between?

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Surbhi,

Sorry for the slow response.  Thank you for answering.  The latest icons I added seems to have saved onto the toolbar, but now the toolbar doesn't always fully display.  I have reported this as a bug to Adobe.  It happens erratically.  I do not see a pattern to it.  Sometimes the whole tool bar displays, sometimes most of it is hidden in a drop-down box.  It comes back fully sometimes when I close/reopen RoboHelp, close/reopen a topic, or resize the window. 

Lori

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lori

If you choose to customize the Quick Access Toolbar where you see the dialog shown below, have you tried enabling the option highlighted?

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have found out why this is happening for you from the screenshot you have shared in the logged bug.

When the focus is inside table, Table tab comes in light and QAT gets partially hidden.

As soon as you will remove the focus from table, whole of it will be displayed.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it will help to move the QAT BELOW the ribbon? That's where I like to keep mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am afraid,moving the QAT to below the ribbon also does not work in this case.

I will mark the bug logged by Lori for this enhancement.

Thanks and Regards,

Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp