• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2015 Project Files Checked Out Exclusive to One, Checked in for Other

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colleague and I are the only two who work in the same RoboHelp 2015 project, which has version control through SharePoint. I have no problems opening topics, editing, generating a layout; however, my colleague cannot open any topics because she receives a prompt stating some files are checked out to another user. All my files are checked in.

Her file status shows 3 .htm, as well as and .fpj, .apj, .hhc. xpj, and .hhk file checked out to another user. RoboHelp doesn't allow her to close the project after attempting to open a file.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Thanks, all, for your responses! We created a brand new local file, opened the project from version control, and that seems to have corrected the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a user of source control but I do know certain file types should not be checked in. That is covered on my site. See Item 12 in Snippets on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I was just having a quick look at your source control section to refresh my memory, but it's not working for me using Chrome 56 or IE11. Each dropdown link seems to open the dropdown above it on the page).

So to see the content of Source Control #1 I need to click on Webhelp #20. (hope that makes sense.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should be OK now. Please try again.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Peter's site: What normally helps is to just copy your version of the project over to your colleagues machine. What happens if she opens the project then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, all, for your responses! We created a brand new local file, opened the project from version control, and that seems to have corrected the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp