• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2015: remove font attribute from any instance of a style

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with a fairly old help file, imported from (I think) Robohelp 7. All the pages are topped with a banner that uses 'Heading 1'. I need to change the colours of 'Heading 1' to match corporate policy. I have updated the relevant CSS file. I have updated all pages to make sure they are referencing the correct CSS file. On pages that I have written since I took on the task, the new colours are applied as I would hope - albeit at design time, with a strange pattern of diagonal lines on the background colour.

The problem is with the older pages. Whilst they also use 'Heading 1', they appear to have a font attribute placed over the top of the embedded style. This means they do not inherit the white lettering of my new style, they remain black, which renders them unreadable against my new background colour. If I right click on an affected heading, I can 'remove attribute' and the black text turns white as per the CSS. However there are far too many pages thus affected for me to address them all.

Is there a way to remove all font attributes from anything having the 'Heading 1' style?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Search has a Starts With and Ends With feature. You need to be careful with it so back up first.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You to remove the inline styling use multi-file find and replace. Backup first.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2016 Sep 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response, I didn't know what I was looking for in the HTML really but I have now figured it out thanks to your nudge. In this example the title "Topics" is wrapped in its own inline style and then with a tag for Heading 1:

<h1 id="H11" style="position: relative;"><font style="font-size: 14pt;"

color="#010100" size="4">Topics</font></h1>

As you can see RH has broken the text over two lines. What you cannot see in the snip is a number of tab characters which are also present. I have figured out that if I remove the font style tag, RH will clean up the </font> for me. Which is helpful. However there could be up to about 1,000 of these to deal with so I need to use Find and Replace as you suggest. However... I am struggling to get F&R to work on a string that contains a carriage return. Can this be done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2016 Sep 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search has a Starts With and Ends With feature. You need to be careful with it so back up first.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That sounds promising, I will give it a go. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp