Highlighted

Robohelp 2015: Responsive HTML5 output crashes browser due to "long-running script"

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded from Robohelp 11 to Robohelp 2015. We normally generate our output in the Webhelp format, but I want to try Responsive HTML5 to take advantage of the Dynamic Content Filter feature. After converting my project and customizing the Responsive HTML5 settings, I've tried generating the output. When I open the output after Robohelp generates the files, Internet Explorer crashes/stalls, and a message pops up at the bottom of the browser stating that the "The webpage is not responding due to a long-running script." When I open the file in Chrome, I do not get this error, but the project lags and starts becoming unresponsive if I click around enough. I've tried tinkering with the Responsive HTML5 settings and even going back to the defaults... but I can't seem to get it to work. Oddly, out of the 15-20 times or so that I've tried generating the project files, one of them seemed to work... at least better than the other times. I saved a copy of that output, but I absolutely cannot reproduce it.

Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong? If it makes a difference, I am using the glossary restyling script, though I believe I have tried generating without it without any improvement.

TOPICS
HTML

Views

392

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Robohelp 2015: Responsive HTML5 output crashes browser due to "long-running script"

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded from Robohelp 11 to Robohelp 2015. We normally generate our output in the Webhelp format, but I want to try Responsive HTML5 to take advantage of the Dynamic Content Filter feature. After converting my project and customizing the Responsive HTML5 settings, I've tried generating the output. When I open the output after Robohelp generates the files, Internet Explorer crashes/stalls, and a message pops up at the bottom of the browser stating that the "The webpage is not responding due to a long-running script." When I open the file in Chrome, I do not get this error, but the project lags and starts becoming unresponsive if I click around enough. I've tried tinkering with the Responsive HTML5 settings and even going back to the defaults... but I can't seem to get it to work. Oddly, out of the 15-20 times or so that I've tried generating the project files, one of them seemed to work... at least better than the other times. I saved a copy of that output, but I absolutely cannot reproduce it.

Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong? If it makes a difference, I am using the glossary restyling script, though I believe I have tried generating without it without any improvement.

TOPICS
HTML

Views

393

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 26, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you provide a rough estimate of the size of your project (disk space) and more importantly size of your TOC/Index/Glossary (number of entries in each.)

This would help us pin-point the issue.

Regards,

Ankit

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Aug 26, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a very large project. The project folder is about 129 MB with all of the images. It's hard to say how big the TOC/Index/Glossary are. Is there a place where the number of items is listed? They're all pretty big. The TOC is at least hundreds of topics, if not in the thousands. There's probably several hundred glossary terms. The Index is massive. I can't even estimate how big it is. Thousands of entries.

The WebHelp output view says that I have 1578 HTML topics.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Aug 27, 2015 0
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the help of one of our developers, we think we've narrowed the problem down to the Index. The browsers seem to crash when loading the Index information, but run fine when deleting the references to the Index data in the idx.js file.

We have no problems with our Index in the Webhelp format, so I think it's just a problem with how the Responsive HTML5 output handles the Index.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Aug 27, 2015 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. We are working on this issue.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Aug 30, 2015 0