• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2015 RHTML5 HTM file name instead of breadcrumb in search results

Participant ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title suggests we generate Responsive HTML5. We elected to uncheck the "Show Context in Search Results" option in the Search tab, when we generate our output so breadcrumbs appear. For topics that are not under a book, such as our 'welcome' page or 'using the help' topics, it displays the topic file name instead of breadcrumbs (for example, home_1.htm for the homepage). Is this normal behavior?

If we check the "Use Topic Comment as Search Context" in the Search tab when generating, does this always use the first nnn characters in the topic's
first paragraph (how does it know where the first paragraph is) or is there a way to add a topic comment to be used?

What is the purpose of the Home_1.htm file anyway? When I open the file in the browser it is our content, but is "unformatted."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

I think you're talking about the search URL which shows the path to the topic, rather than breadcrumbs. So for the home topic or other topics that live in the root folder of your project, you'll only see the file name.

The "Show context in search results" shows the first xxx characters from the top of topic. xxx is defined in the SSL/Output pod "Number of characters in search context". I thought the search URL displayed whether this was ticked or not (but I can't check right now as I've discovere

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're talking about the search URL which shows the path to the topic, rather than breadcrumbs. So for the home topic or other topics that live in the root folder of your project, you'll only see the file name.

The "Show context in search results" shows the first xxx characters from the top of topic. xxx is defined in the SSL/Output pod "Number of characters in search context". I thought the search URL displayed whether this was ticked or not (but I can't check right now as I've discovered all the patches didn't get installed on my machine, and the output is broken without the patches. :S )

The "Use topic comment as search context" uses any text you type into the Comment box in the Topic Properties dialog box.

The Logical Blog by IconLogic: Adobe RoboHelp: Custom Search Summaries

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much Amebr! The link to Willam's blog on this topic was quite useful as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp