• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2015: The Word VBA macro version registered is incorrect. Please reinstall Printed Documentation.

Participant ,
Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a PDF output for my WebHelp project. I'm getting this error message:

The Word VBA macro version registered is incorrect.

Please reinstall Printed Documentation.

I've search RoboHelp 2015 online help and the forum and can't find an answer. I've searched Word's help as well with no luck.

How do I update the VBA macro version in Word?

Thanks,

MDawn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Search in the RoboHelp Printed Documentation forum. Pretty sure you will

find it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search in the RoboHelp Printed Documentation forum. Pretty sure you will

find it there.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter - I am using RH Classic 2019 and Word 2016.  And I am getting this same error!  I can't find the RoboHelp Printed Documentation forum - maybe not here with the rearrangement of the Forum site.

I don't know how to reinstall Printed Documentation.  

I went to the Word Trust Center (under Options).  In Trust Center Settings, I opened Macro Settings.

I then selected Trust access to the VBA project object model option.  I then selected Enable all macros (which Word tells me is not recommended).

The symptom is that when I try to use Printed Documentation within RoboHelp Classic - or just Preview Topic - I get the error . And then I can't close the Preview Topic window or close RoboHelp.

So basically I can't use Robohelp - which, of course, I desperately need to.

Help!!!

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the old Printed Documentation threads are now in this forum. It's a bad error message as you can't reinstall Printed Documentation.

You have done the right thing in Word. Also take a look on my site. Beyond that I'm not sure but post back and I'll see what I can find in the morning.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Actually, I realized that I had several Word documents open, one of which was quite large. So I closed those, and exited my RoboHelp project.  I also exited out of my remote connection to my work PC.  And VOILA!  I was able to do Preview Topic without complaint!  AND I was able to print from my Output, and it worked!

So - got my fingers crossed that all is OK.  Still not sure about my Word macro settings - but I'm not touching them for now.  But I would be grateful to know if you think that there could have been more causing that error, besides the Word docs being open.

As I'm sure it is the case for many of us - it bugs me when I don't know why a problem was happening.  Since, as you say, the error message was not helpful.  Especially if we can't actually reinstall Printed Documentation.

Thanks for responding here!  If you have any more ideas, I appreciate your offering them. I have learned a lot being on this Forum, especially from our experts here.

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interesting. I don't think I have seen anyone report the issue went away after closing other Word documents.

I think what the message means is reinstall Word but if you did that you also had to reinstall RoboHelp in Classic versions as Word had to be installed first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, Peter! Glad I don’t need to reinstall for now – but it’s good to know that the message applies to Word, and then RH Classic.

I will continue hoping for the best, and hopefully won’t need to mess around with Word macro settings! I appreciate your explanations here!

Susan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp