• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2015 - WebHelp - 0 topics updated

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2016 Sep 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to compile WebHelp output, I'm getting blank results. From the log, I'm seeing this: Finished updating HTML topics in 0 sec(s) : total 0 topic(s). I've never had this issue before. Searched the web and got one result on the RoboHelp Server forum but it wasn't related to this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this project worked before? If so, what changed? Are you all patched up in your RH2015 version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhere near the beginning of August, I copied the entire project into a new directory (I've done this in the past with earlier iterations of this project in order to maintain good archive of past releases). Since then, I've modified a number of topics. I'm pretty sure this was the first time I tried compiling this version. The reason for doing a compile of the project now was to test the addition of scripting for Google Analytics into the HTML template footer (xxx.htt). I had inserted the scripting into a copy of the original template file (yyy.htt, so I wouldn't corrupt the original by accident) that I assigned to my topics.  When this issue cropped up, I backed that scripting out by reassigning the original template file (xxx.htt) to all topics.

I'm fairly sure RH 2015 is up to date. However, I'm not able to guarantee it. Within RoboHelp 2015, on the Help menu I choose Update and it wants to update RoboHelp 11. Earlier this year, the IT department re-imaged the machine and when they delivered it back to me, they had installed RoboHelp 11. Since I had RoboHelp 2015 before the re-imaging, I had them remove RoboHelp 11 and install RoboHelp 2015. I have automatic updating enable in the Adobe Update Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there

In addition to what Jeff suggested, have you tried clearing the CPD?

If you aren't sure how to do this, try clicking the link below and a video will walk you through the process.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watched the video and followed the instructions to enable clearing the CPD before opening. No joy. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried creating a totally new SSL? If not, that may be worth a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use the SSL path; I always create a separate output folder of my own and direct the output there. I went in and manually flushed it but that didn't make a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well of course it wouldn't.

I wasn't talking about the path at all. When you create a new SSL, you create much more than just the output folder where things end up. There are preprocessing files and other things at play that can sometimes get munged for whatever reason. By right-clicking the Outputs(SSL) folder and electing to create a fresh SSL. you are creating a new pristine environment that might just correct what is broken in the other one.

Imagine your project to be a car with engine trouble. Creating a new fresh SSL is similar to replacing the carburetor or the injection system with a new one. That's vastly different than spraying carburetor cleaner in the jets to clean off the visible gunk.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Rick was talking about deleting the existing SSL layout & creating a new one - not just a path. Just for a laugh, is this also happening if you try generating one of the sample projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I realized after my reply that you weren't talking about the path and did create a new layout and that resolved the problem. Why it resolved the problem or how, I have no idea but the issue is resolved and I can actually go back to doing some real work. Thanks much to both you and Rick for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp