RoboHelp 2015 WebHelp output appends "_nc" to image

Participant ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH 2015, latest update

Windows 10

RoboHelp HTML, WebHelp output

We have a "NavigationPath" style in many topics to show users how they get to the user interface component, such as an Options pane, described in the topic. The style is bulleted, with the bullet being a "location pin" image named "navigation_2.png".

We have used this image for 2-3 years without any problem. Suddenly, over the last week, when we generate WebHelp output, RoboHelp renames the image, by adding "_nc" to the name: "navigation_2.png" becomes "navigation_2_nc.png". As a result, the output no longer shows the image. (I work around the problem by renaming the PNG without the "_nc", but would prefer to keep this from happening each time I generate the output.)

Has anyone experienced this bizarre issue?

Thanks.

Caro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, just hazarding a total guess on my part, but perhaps the _nc indicates "New Copy"?

Without seeing your project first hand, it's hard to say exactly why this is happening. Do you perhaps use the image in a topic somewhere? My thought is that perhaps if it's in use elsewhere that maybe RoboHelp coding considers that a new or different copy is needed. Hence the name change.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick, for the useful though about the meaning of “nc”. I don’t think we use the image other than as the bullet in the NavigationPath style, but will look into this. At any rate, it’s bizarre that it worked fine until recently, and that this does not happen with any other images that we use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, I did look to see where else the image might be used elsewhere in the project. It's not used anywhere else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always call Adobe Tech Support. It's free.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Peter. I’ll send them email later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp