RoboHelp 2015 Won't Generate Printed Documentation to Word or PDF

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to generate PDFs or Word docs in RoboHelp 2015. However, the ability to do that recently stopped. We recently upgraded from Windows 1703 to Windows 1809. And, we switched from Office 2016 to Office 365.

When I try to choose Printed Documentation, I get a "Parameter is Incorrect" error. Any ideas how to fix this? Does anyone know what this error means?

Thank you.

Parameter-not-correct.png

TOPICS
Documentation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RoboHelp 2015 Won't Generate Printed Documentation to Word or PDF

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to generate PDFs or Word docs in RoboHelp 2015. However, the ability to do that recently stopped. We recently upgraded from Windows 1703 to Windows 1809. And, we switched from Office 2016 to Office 365.

When I try to choose Printed Documentation, I get a "Parameter is Incorrect" error. Any ideas how to fix this? Does anyone know what this error means?

Thank you.

Parameter-not-correct.png

TOPICS
Documentation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably more the change to Office 365 that's messed you up. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2019 0
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2015 supported Office 365 so that shouldn't be the problem.

Item 14 in http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm#robohtml refers to the same error but in a different context. The solution there is worth a try though.

If in doubt, create a backup first. I always recommend creating the backup as a zip file. That prevents you opening it accidentally and working on it before you realise it was the backup. This way you always have a clean backup that can be used to create a new clean copy time after time.

Please use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2019 1
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on this issue for Carrie.  The referenced information did not resolve the issue.  We get the same error message when we try to create PDF files as well, which makes me think that it's not related to Office 365.  We've update to the latest version of RoboHelp ver 12.0.4.460 which has not resolved the issue.  Is there anything else that we could try to resolve this issue?  Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2019 0
Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's important with older versions that RoboHelp is installed after Word. Try uninstalling and reinstalling RoboHelp.

Please use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you. The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2019 1