• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2015 Won't Generate Printed Documentation to Word or PDF

Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to generate PDFs or Word docs in RoboHelp 2015. However, the ability to do that recently stopped. We recently upgraded from Windows 1703 to Windows 1809. And, we switched from Office 2016 to Office 365.

When I try to choose Printed Documentation, I get a "Parameter is Incorrect" error. Any ideas how to fix this? Does anyone know what this error means?

Thank you.

Parameter-not-correct.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably more the change to Office 365 that's messed you up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2015 supported Office 365 so that shouldn't be the problem.

Item 14 in http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm#robohtml refers to the same error but in a different context. The solution there is worth a try though.

If in doubt, create a backup first. I always recommend creating the backup as a zip file. That prevents you opening it accidentally and working on it before you realise it was the backup. This way you always have a clean backup that can be used to create a new clean copy time after time.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on this issue for Carrie.  The referenced information did not resolve the issue.  We get the same error message when we try to create PDF files as well, which makes me think that it's not related to Office 365.  We've update to the latest version of RoboHelp ver 12.0.4.460 which has not resolved the issue.  Is there anything else that we could try to resolve this issue?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's important with older versions that RoboHelp is installed after Word. Try uninstalling and reinstalling RoboHelp.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalled Office 365 and RoboHelp 2015.  Reinstalled Office 365 and then reinstalled RoboHelp 2015.  Still receiving the Parameter Incorrect error message.  Like I mentioned before, I don't think this is related to Office because we receive the same error message when we try to create pdf files as well as Word docs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2015 RoboHelp creates a Word document behind the scenes and you don't see it. However any Word issue still applies.

Does this happen if you create another simple project?

I'll see if I can find out more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried creating another project and continue to get the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also did you use Word just once before installing RoboHelp? If not, uninstall RoboHelp, make sure you open Word, then reinstall RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hopeful this might be the answer. Close the project, delete both the CPD file and the PSS file, then reopen the project and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted those files and continue to get the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did deleting those files fix the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, deleting those files did not correct the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now see your earlier confirmation. Forums emails are a problem at the moment.

I will make some enquiries as this was a known issue, albeit not too common.

1. Is your project local?
  2. Are you generating to the same drive as the project?
  3. Is your Normal.dot template on your local drive?

I don't think those will be the problem but I need you to rule them out.

I will post back when I have some more information but likely it will not be until next week because of time zone differences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter. Yes, we are generating files to the same drive as the project. I have also tried generatingn them to a different location, but continue to get the same error. Thanks for continuing to look into this issue. I appreciate your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly my contact has come back without anything to help.

I don't know what else to suggest now as we have checked:

1. The versions of Word and RoboHelp are compatible.
  2. Word was installed and used before installing RoboHelp.
  3. Projects and output are local.
  4. It occurs with all projects.
  5. Normal.dot is on the local hard drive.

Things left.

1. Was RoboHelp installed with admin rights?
  2. Have you tried installing on another PC? You don't need another licence as you can install it in trial mode.

If the last two items don't help, please send me a new project with just a couple of topics where this occurs when you print. I can only test in 2017 but let's see what happens. See the contact page on my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed RoboHelp 2015 on a brand new test system with Office 2016 and still receive the same "The parameter is incorrect" error message.  Could this be a compatibility issue between RoboHelp 2015 and Windows 10 ver1809?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly but it's an old warning that didn't occur often and hasn't been seen for a long while. I can't find anything more on it using my resources.

I assume you did install with admin rights. That was important with 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I installed with an admin account.

Is there any way to generate a log file from RoboHelp that might make troubleshooting easier?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if that error does trigger a log file and, if it does, where it would be. I am trying to find out. Meantime and on the basis of any port in a storm get IT to give you a new log in. Keep the old for now as you will want that if it doesn't help.

You will likely also need to reinstall RoboHelp for that user, not sure.

The only other thing I could find is to check your Word security settings. They must be at the lowest level. I don't think that is the problem but you do need them set low anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the IT technician working on this issue.  I created a new test system and I am a different user than the original requestor. 

*New System

*New User Account

*Same Error Message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so the user profile is not the issue. It did fix this for someone in the past, hence saying to try it.

I don't think it will make any difference but now you have a new setup let's run through some fairly quick things but do them one at a time so you know which one fixed the issue if something does work.

1. Was Word run on the new system before generating the printed output?
  2. Was Word used first?
  3. Were the security settings in Word set to low?
  4. Have you again deleted the PSS and CPD files and then reopened the project?

I am waiting to hear about the log files but that will likely not be until next week. I have offered to run this myself on 2017 and I have identified someone with a 2015 machine. if you want me to do that, see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have established from Adobe that log files are not created unless an output is generated and the process is not even starting here.

They have confirmed the steps in my previous post should work so please try them and let us know.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the listed troubleshooting steps have been tested and we're still receiving the error message.  In installed a trial version of RoboHelp 2019 and we're still receiving the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp