• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2017 crashing on importing FrameMaker 2017 content on a Google Drive

Participant ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a book open in FM17 - cleaned up all paragraph tags, character tags, saved as FM17. RoboHelp 2017 crashes every single time I try to import the book as a project - it gets to the third  or fourth page and stops responding. It's only a 266 page book! I am using a book located on Google Drive - does RH not work across network drives? It's not worth the time and effort to keep trying to create new projects because RH will crash anyway. Are there any updates forthcoming?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator note - Branched to new discussion]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having your FM content located on Google Drive and then expecting it to get sucked cleanly into a RH project could just be too much. The RH import engine can be really sensitive to long source path- and file- names. I'd experiment with either zipping up a copy of the FM content and putting it in a temp drive local to your RH project OR experiment with the Publish feature built into FM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp