Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2017 Create Review PDF Crash

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!

I have a project that is getting to be large. When I attempt to create a review PDF for a single, or for that matter any topic in it, RoboHelp thinks for a few seconds and then closes without any sort of warning. I'm able to create review PDFs in other larger projects and have been able to do so in this project in the past. And no, I cannot share this project.

Any ideas?  I have Adobe TCS 2017.1 running on Windows 10 Creators

Thanks,

Ken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What build version of Win 10 are you on? The 1803 version has wrecked PDF-creation & until the fix is released by MS in July, the only solution is to roll back to 1709.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am at 1803. However, I'm able to create a review PDF in other projects so that can't be the correct solution.

I know that in Frame, 1803 has prevented me from creating a PDF using RGB, had to switch everything to CMYK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this thread on going back - https://forums.adobe.com/message/10474216

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that will do it since I seem to only have the one project that I can't create a review PDF in. That would fix the RoboHelp issue, but the CMYK printing has been a good workaround. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I figured it out. I was using a customized CSS. When I switched that topic to  defaultcss, I was able to generate the PDF.  I would think it would work for both, but apparently not.

Jeff, thanks for you help, I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any suggestions as far as creating a PDF in severely customized CSS? I still cannot create one unless I change to the more generic CSS. Is that "just the way it is?"

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible there's some invalid syntax in there, if you've been updating it manually rather than through the RH style dialog box.Try running a tool that validates css syntax and see if that turns up any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agree with Amber, I have often seen people report that switching to a different CSS fixes Word and PDF output issues.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp