• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2017 : How to link a folder to text in a page.

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

I am looking for an option to link a folder to text written on a page.

Just like we can link text to related topics, can we link a text to a folder , that when we click the text it hits the folder.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you could link to folders, the hackers of the world would be delighted.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See below. Perhaps you will have luck bending Adobe's ear about this security flaw in 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me in RoboHelp 2020 - at least a link to a share drive folder when launched from Internet Explorer (in Edge/Chrome it opens the index of the share drive). Hyperlink was simply full file path using the "//file" link. Doesn't seem to work in 2017.

Apparently hackers are going to love RoboHelp 2020....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the output? It opened the folder so the user could access the folder contents?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Missed your second post, let me take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Regiolanthe1

1. I haven't tested but you are saying that in 2020 a linked to a shared folder works and opens the folder so that the user can access the contents and use the files, correct?
  2. Have you tested this on your intranet when the user does not have permissions to share that folder? Would you agree that is when it would become a security flaw?
  3. Have you installed the help to somewhere publicly accessible to see what happens there?

I will take this up with Adobe once you let me know what you have found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Regiolanthe1

Also, it obviously worked for you from the generated help on your machine but did it work when you generated the help and someone else accessed it from their machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I have found so far:

1) This actually DOES work in Robohelp 2017. When you use the "file://" uri, RH 2017 pops up an error - perhaps because the URI is pointing to a network location, not an actual file. Still - simply closing/ignoring the error will still create the link, and the link will open the share file path.

2) I am not in a position to have others test - but outputting the 2020 content to SharePoint, the link still works from the output (so, launched from another server - not my local machine). Again - the link pops up an index of the share directory in Edge. Copying/pasting the link to IE11 opens a file explorer window associated with the network path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have asked Adobe to take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Divya,

Access to the content of the directory / directory listing is dependent on how the host server has been configured to handle these requests. Most servers do not allow directory listing, but it still poses a threat if system is not configured properly. We can add a warning in an update if an output contains such links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp