Highlighted

Robohelp 2017 : How to link a folder to text in a page.

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

I am looking for an option to link a folder to text written on a page.

Just like we can link text to related topics, can we link a text to a folder , that when we click the text it hits the folder.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Robohelp 2017 : How to link a folder to text in a page.

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

I am looking for an option to link a folder to text written on a page.

Just like we can link text to related topics, can we link a text to a folder , that when we click the text it hits the folder.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you could link to folders, the hackers of the world would be delighted.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See below. Perhaps you will have luck bending Adobe's ear about this security flaw in 2020.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me in RoboHelp 2020 - at least a link to a share drive folder when launched from Internet Explorer (in Edge/Chrome it opens the index of the share drive). Hyperlink was simply full file path using the "//file" link. Doesn't seem to work in 2017.

Apparently hackers are going to love RoboHelp 2020....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the output? It opened the folder so the user could access the folder contents?

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Missed your second post, let me take a look.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Regiolanthe1

1. I haven't tested but you are saying that in 2020 a linked to a shared folder works and opens the folder so that the user can access the contents and use the files, correct?
  2. Have you tested this on your intranet when the user does not have permissions to share that folder? Would you agree that is when it would become a security flaw?
  3. Have you installed the help to somewhere publicly accessible to see what happens there?

I will take this up with Adobe once you let me know what you have found.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines