• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2017 Layout icons missing from RHTML5 Output

Participant ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We published our RHTML5 output last week and our page layout was fine. I tried a test generate of our project today and the TOC, Index, Glossary, Filter, and Search icons are now gone from the display of the output. I checked the Layout and all the options for these icons are set to true. I also looked at the layout.css and they are set to true in here as well. The graphics for all of the icons are located in our !ScreenLayout! folder as needed. I don't know what happened but any advice is welcome.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

I recreated my screen layout and everything works correctly again. I hope this isn't a common occurrence, but luckily I didn't do too many customizations to the layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Can you be a bit more explicit? For example, how exactly are you opening the output? Are you pressing the F1 key from a linked application? Are you clicking a help link in an application? Are you double-clicking a file or clicking on a link?

Also, what browser are you using? Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Internet Explorer?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We generate our output locally and then FTP the output to a web server. We have users view our "online guide" using command that folks use or a bookmark to open it from the index (home.htm) from their web browser. The corp standard is to use IE 11.

Our "guide" was fine last Friday when we generated the guide and FTPd the files to the web server. On Monday, I did a test generate locally and now the icons are gone. I had a co-worker do the same and the icons are gone for her as well. For the test generate I'm looking at the output using the View result button after the generate is complete (I do this testing all the time during the week before moving it to the web server on Fridays.). If I open the home.htm file in the output folder it doesn't show the icons either. I tried to delete the folder created for the output to see if that helped and it didn't. I even cleared my browser cache and I still have missing icons. I hope this additional info helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To see what's missing, I would FTP a copy of the "working" files off the webserver & then use a compare tool to see what's different between the "working" and "non-working" files. That might give you a lead as to where the "seed" image files are to be found. But, I'd really be asking myself - what changed between the "working" generation and now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it that just the icons are missing or the whole area where they should be?

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer both of your questions:

I updated the 2017 layout so we could have predictive search and redefined our layout at that time. It worked for a couple of weeks and now the icons are gone. The area where the icons normally are display the correct color but doesn't show the icons. Our printer and browse buttons are showing like they should above the topic but not the icons above the TOC.

The images for the TOC, index, glossary, etc are the same color as the printer and arrow icon shown above. When I shrink the page only the search icon appears. If I go into the screen layout and preview it, all the icons are there. Again, in the screen layout all the icons are set to true.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you update the layout? From Adobe's site or from the Gallery button in the output configuration. You must do it via the Gallery.

Also do you have Update 2 applied?

Did you customise the layout in any way? If you did, take a fresh copy as above and try without any customisation.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the layout using the Gallery button.  I do have update 2 applied. I did customize the layout. I took a fresh copy and all works so I'm going to apply my customizations again to the layout. I hope this doesn't happen again and I have no idea what caused it. I think most of my frustration comes from RoboSource which is very buggy for us. I was considering creating another layout as you suggested Peter but didn't want to redo all my work. I guess I will have to anyway 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen some posts from people having issues with layouts and source

control. Might be worth poking around the forums.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recreated my screen layout and everything works correctly again. I hope this isn't a common occurrence, but luckily I didn't do too many customizations to the layout.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were the customisations through the UI or behind the scenes stuff?

Also, looking back through the thread, it is key that the layout was refreshed from the gallery after update 2 was applied. Could that be behind the problem?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did the customizations in the UI. I had to recreate my layout after upgrading to 2017 update 2 from 2015 to get the new features like predictive search, etc. This error just happened with no reason weeks after the upgrade. I took your advice Peter and just created a new layout through the UI and things have been fine so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I'm not using 2017 (currently using 2015)

but does RH still use a MasterThemeSchema file?

You might try replacing that file and configuring screen layout again.

In 2015, it sometimes seems that if I make a change to the Screen Layout, the MasterTheme file becomes corrupt, unworkable, won't display features as configured. So I wonder if that happens with 2017.

Hope it helps, curious to know what the solution will be for this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp