Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2017 not recognizing FrameMaker 2017

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Not unlike the comment of a user having a similar issue with RoboHelp 8, I have just had the latest versions of these programs installed and when I try to import a FrameMaker file into RoboHelp, RoboHelp advises me that I need to install FrameMaker.

Any suggestions on how I might fix this?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks veni79, I'm glad to hear that you were able to use the info in that webinar!

I agree with you and Jeff. There are a few things that are possible in Rh that aren't yet possible with the direct output.

However, I am able (and choose) to work within the constraints available in the direct output.

I would (in a friendly way.... (HI JEFF!!!)) counter Jeff's notion of the TOC and map id's being a show stopper. In my opinion, the work needed to craft these things in Fm is easier and more stable than the customization and updating of the Fm material in Rh.

Having said that, I'm sure that the linking decision is working for you, and that you should continue on that path. It's kind of Adobe to continue to develop and support both workflows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It's kind of Adobe to continue to develop and support both workflows."  Kind? Seriously? They took our money for an integrated suite that is supposed to have had its components tested together but clearly didn't, at least not adequately. If they planned to drop support for the Suite and only allow FrameMaker-only output of HTML projects, an announcement to that effect would have been appropriate, saving us all a lot of time and money since FrameMaker alone is much cheaper than the Suite.

Some of us had perfectly fine, multiple-output, nicely designed projects built using the Suite. An "upgrade" of the same product should not break things and/or require the work of a consultant to make it right. The product should do what it says it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you feel that way, but the independent Fm publishing workflow has been in place since Fm 12.

That means that you've had that direct publish option for the last three versions, but still they retain the viable Fm>Rh workflow.

However, I choose not to use that route, as it requires additional processing time to update the linked project prior to the actual publish project. I prefer to avoid that update process (one that can be short-circuited by missing fonts, resources, images, etc.) and publish from Fm directly.

There's been no drop in support that I'm aware of. In fact there have been improvements to both the linked Fm>Rh workflow, and the direct Publish pod workflow in each subsequent release.

To that point, I spoke in person this week with Adobe engineers about specific improvements that could be made to the output process. They remain attentive to both workflows, and are quick to respond to potential improvements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So to clarify, you had a Windows registry issue on your machine?

To fix it did you run a registry cleaner like CCleaner
(free version available at CCleaner - The world's most popular PC cleaner & optimization tool - Piriform )

or did you manually update the file associations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@matt - they went with the workaround to open RH2017 & FM2017 both - then RH can pull content correctly. The patch fixes this busted launching behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sreekanth, you'll need to have matching versions of Rh and Fm to link files. Either Fm2017+Rh2017 or Fm2015+Rh2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it is recognizing in my system. My colleague is having issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again I think this is something to take up with Adobe if your system is working with different versions of Rh and Fm.

Contact me via my site if they cannot help. Include a link to this thread.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mattrsullivan,

I have matching FM2017 and RBH2017. Robohelp is still not recognizing FM. Any feedback is appreciated.

I'm using TCS2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello sylviec,

Did you find a solution to your problem. I'm having the same identical problem with Adobe TCS 2017. Robo Help say FM is not install, however it is installed and I have been using it for a few months. But I just tried to use Robo Help with Framemaker. Any suggestions is appreciated.

Adobe RoboHelp 2017 - 13.0.0.257

Adobe Framemaker 2017 14.0.0.361

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this was fixed in subsequent updates - make sure you have applied all the patches for both products and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeff Coatsworth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp