• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2017 - Recent Projects links do not work correctly.

Participant ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue started recently.

I open RoboHelp and the window displaying Recent Projects displays. When I click a link, a different guide opens than the one selected. 

I hover over a link and and display the hyperlink path.. I see it is correct and click on the project name, but it still brings up an incorrect guide.

See the attachments. Recent Projects Hyperlink shows what I'm tryiing to select. The Opened Guide shows what guide opened. There is no rhyme or reason as to what guide opens when I click a different link. It's been happening a few weeks now.

Thank you,

Michele

Recent Projects Hyperlink.jpg

Opened Guide.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only think that somehow those links have got messed up. Try deleting the project's CPD file in Explorer and reopening the project.

If that doesn't work go to File > Options > Recent Projects and delete one of them, then open that project through File > Open to recreate the link. See if it works then.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning.

I did try removing the the Recent File links within RoboHelp. That did not help.

When you talk about deleting the CPD file, are you taling about deleting this (see screen shot) for each project?CPD.jpg

Thank you,

Michele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's the one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I led Jeff into the trap I fell into. You are not in a project at that point. Go for cleaning the list.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I tried clearing the Recent Projects list again but this does not fix the issue.

Thank you,

Michele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The only thing I can suggest is to uninstall, reboot and reinstall. It doesn't take long. Don't forget to update afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp