Highlighted

Robohelp 2017 Responsive HTML Glossary

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For some reason the glossary in my Responsive HTML output is incomplete. It contains most of the letter "A" items, but anything after "A" is missing. It is find when viewed on my local drive through RoboHelp 2017, but once we put it on a server the glossary does not work right.

I have the updated Robohelp to 13.0.2.334 and I am having this issue in both, IE and Chrome.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jeff_Coatsworth | Adobe Community Professional

Ok, so the easiest way to fix it is to clean out all the files on the webserver and replace them fresh with your output in the \!SSL!\. Then try clearing your browser cache and have a look.

TOPICS
HTML5 layout

Views

231

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Robohelp 2017 Responsive HTML Glossary

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For some reason the glossary in my Responsive HTML output is incomplete. It contains most of the letter "A" items, but anything after "A" is missing. It is find when viewed on my local drive through RoboHelp 2017, but once we put it on a server the glossary does not work right.

I have the updated Robohelp to 13.0.2.334 and I am having this issue in both, IE and Chrome.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jeff_Coatsworth | Adobe Community Professional

Ok, so the easiest way to fix it is to clean out all the files on the webserver and replace them fresh with your output in the \!SSL!\. Then try clearing your browser cache and have a look.

TOPICS
HTML5 layout

Views

232

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 02, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it fine locally if viewed with different browsers? That's the real test to see if it's a missed file or something up on the webserver.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Mar 02, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. Would a missing file cause an incomplete glossary or would it just cause the entire glossary to be missing? Isn't the entire glossary contained in a single file? Do you know the names of any RoboHelp files that might be suspect? I am looking through all the files, but I have no idea which ones have anything to do with the glossary.

James

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Mar 02, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's first try to narrow down where the issue is - it partially works on the webserver. Does it also act the same way when you look at the generated output on your local drive? If so, then it's an issue with the output. If not, then it's got to be something messed up with the files on the webserver. If it's an issue with the output, does using different browsers have any impact? If yes, then it's something to do with how the browser is digesting the file; if not, then it's something to do with what RH is creating. Process of elimination...see what I mean?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Mar 02, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is fine when viewed through the RoboHelp program in all browsers, and it is fine if I navigate directly to the .html files located in the SSL! output folders on my local drive. So, like you said, it is probably a file issue on the server but I don't know which files could be the problem.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Mar 02, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so the easiest way to fix it is to clean out all the files on the webserver and replace them fresh with your output in the \!SSL!\. Then try clearing your browser cache and have a look.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Mar 02, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were correct that the files on the server did not match up somehow with the files on my local drive. There are two glossary files available in this project and, when I generated the first Responsive HTML output (we used WebHelp previously), I had the wrong glossary file selected. When I selected the other glossary file and generated a new output, several files were added to the project (this glossary seems to have used a separate document for every letter of the alphabet). Since these files were not there from the original output, I had to go in and find them an "add' them to SVN and commit them. Thanks for your help.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Reply
Loading...
Mar 02, 2018 0