Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2017 (Update 2) Responsive HTML5 Indigo error IE11

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm continuing my evaluation of Robohelp 2017 (Update 2) Responsive HTML5 Indigo screen layout. With your help I've made a lot of progress with this and intend on upgrading from RH2015.

I've noticed this error in my Indigo project when loading the page in IE11.

Is this a known issue? Works fine in Chrome, Edge, Firefox.

(As an aside, what is the js file used for? I removed all the contents of the file and the page loaded, rendered properly and the TOC items worked too).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

You can always stick them in your "factory" install location in c:\program files...

Just be sure to rename the original ones to some non-functional named extension (like .old or .orig)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll look when I can but I thought this was covered in a recent thread.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same image appears in Robohelp 2017 update 2 - now it's broken

However, only one file was provided by Support and two are required. Try the files at Tracker​ first as they have worked for most people.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Peter, I've got those new javascript files downloaded.

As far as I can tell the files are created on the fly when a preview is run, then deleted when the preview is closed. Every new preview creates a new folder; for example, my first preview was "E:\HelpCentre\!ScreenLayout!\Pegasus-Indigo4\!preview_folder_1!\template\scripts".

So, I don't see how I can stop the preview crashing happening.

But the files fixed the error after I built the project for real.

When the output is generated for real, the !SSL folder is updated, with the javascript files in the 'scripts' folder; for example, mine is E:\HelpCentre\!SSL!\Pegasus-indigo4\template\scripts. I copied the files here and that sorted it.

However, the scripts are updated each time the project is built so it looks to me that I need to copy the javascript files over after every build.

Is that right? Or is there another way?

Thanks very much for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always stick them in your "factory" install location in c:\program files...

Just be sure to rename the original ones to some non-functional named extension (like .old or .orig)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant Jeff, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reported problem was when viewing in IE11 and you say that is now fixed.

The problem occurring with Preview is clearly linked and my guess is that will be fixed when the replacement files are built into an Update.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this will help.

The Logical Blog by IconLogic: ADOBE ROBOHELP: Getting Around Preview Errors

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp