Highlighted

Robohelp 2019.0.14 - search box and image mapping

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've recently updated from Robohelp 2019.0.10 to Robohelp 2019.0.14. Ever since I've updated, I've come across two issues on the project I am working on.

1. Search box doesn't seem to be working regardless of the web browser I am using. I generated and published the project after the updated without making any changes and the search engine stopped working. I tried to do it again in the same way and it worked for 3-4 days and even though I haven't generated or published any content within that project it stopped working again after these 3-4 days.
  2. Image mapping seems to be all over the place after the update. I will attach some screen shots but if I add an image map in point A and add a link against it whilst I am in the project it will stay in point A. As soon as I publish it on my drive or live system it loses the format and it goes in point B even though it should stay in point A. I've not had this issue before the update.

Could you please assist?

Thanks,

image map when in project.pngimage map when published.png

Topics

Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Robohelp 2019.0.14 - search box and image mapping

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've recently updated from Robohelp 2019.0.10 to Robohelp 2019.0.14. Ever since I've updated, I've come across two issues on the project I am working on.

1. Search box doesn't seem to be working regardless of the web browser I am using. I generated and published the project after the updated without making any changes and the search engine stopped working. I tried to do it again in the same way and it worked for 3-4 days and even though I haven't generated or published any content within that project it stopped working again after these 3-4 days.
  2. Image mapping seems to be all over the place after the update. I will attach some screen shots but if I add an image map in point A and add a link against it whilst I am in the project it will stay in point A. As soon as I publish it on my drive or live system it loses the format and it goes in point B even though it should stay in point A. I've not had this issue before the update.

Could you please assist?

Thanks,

image map when in project.pngimage map when published.png

Topics

Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you add your screenshots to the post? Use the little "Insert Photos" icon in the forum web interface.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff, I added the screen shot for the image map however there is not much I can add about the search box. If I populate it, it doesn't display any results.

search funtionality.PNG

Even if I used the exact name of the document it will still not display anything.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird, now I can't seem to reply to this thread using the non-nested Reply button.

IIRC, your #2 is a bug - check the Tracker (https://tracker.adobe.com/) to see if you can find its status.
I'm not sure what's going on in your #1 - I've never heard of search working for a few days & then stopping - something's got to be happening outside of RH for that to happen. Where is the output located?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help Jeff, very much appreciated!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, 

I am having the same issues. I published my project using the frameless output. When I try to search for certain words, the website freezes up. And it only occurs when using the search. Spent 2 hours with Adobe yesterday and could not get a fix. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the image mapping issue when the screen is resized? If so that is a known issue. I think it is fixed in 2020 but if not, I think it is coming in Update 1. It sounds different but I want to be sure.

On the search issue, just for test purposes, add a new skin and generate with that. Does it then work?

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

No, the issue is always presents regardless if the screen is resized or not.

For the second one I will try to generate it with a new skin and see if that works.

Thanks for your advice, much appreciated!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have removed a long legal disclaimer and a lot of personal information. Please reply direct to the forum if that cannot be excluded from emails.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines