• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2019/2020 - Ability to see Version History when using Sharepoint Online for Version Control

Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

We've been using RH 2019 Classic for about a year with Sharepoint 2016 on-premise for version control. Knock on wood, it has been working almost flawlessly. 

For the past few months, we've been also testing RH 2020 with Sharepoint Online as version control. There, we noticed the following features missing:

• No way to restore to a previous version of a topic from within RH
  • No way to even see a topic's history  from within RH (list of the previous versions, who made the changes, check-in comments, etc.)

The lack of this CORE functionality left us completely puzzled. And the only remote workaround has been to locate the files in Sharepoint Online and to revert to a previous version there while RH is closed. 

Talked to Adobe and simply they stated that these features are not available. I asked them if it's on their roadmap and they said they'll ge tback to me, but nothing so far. 

For those of you using RH with Sharepoint Online.....have you found any way of accessing a topic's history from within RH? Or have you seen/read anything online that suggests we might see this functionality down the road?

Thank you in advance 

TOPICS
Version control

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so that you know this is not being ignored, I have reached out to someone who may be able to help. It may be a couple of days before they can respond though.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

These enhancements are on our roadmap and they are targeted for early next year. You will be able to see version history, restore to any previous version etc. for SharePoint.

For now please use SharePoint server for these features. For every file you can check the versions there and restore. Thanks for reporting this.

Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Surbhi, 

My apologies for not responding earlier. For some reason I never got a notification that you and Peter responded (thanks btw. Peter). 

Could you please share with me if this has already been implemented and if not...which release we can expect to see it in? I noticed that there have been no new releases yet this year which is a bit surprising. 

Thank you so much 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp