• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2019 and Git

Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to make RH2019 work with my company's installation of git, but I can't get it to work.

I consulted these instructions, and I am frustrated by them:
https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/using/git.html

1 - The version of git in these instructions is old; I downloaded and installed 2.27.0. This version does not contain an option to use git with optional Unix tools. After installation, however, there are options to open Git Bash, Git CMD, and Git GUI.

2 - The version of Windows 10 is old; we're running version 1903, a full 100 versions newer than the version in the instructions.

I've eventually been able to close the base folder for my repo. However, I could not clone any of the folders in the base folder. (pardon if folder is not the right term)

I cloned the repo using power shell and opened my project. RH doesn't recognize this and so the menu commands to commit and push are unavailable.

So, I need help to get this to work. I also request that someone please update those instruction referenced above.

Cindy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum mostly so any request to update the instructions needs to be made direct. You can file it as a bug report. Please follow this link to report bugs. https://tracker.adobe.com

On your original problem I can't help you on that one so if no one else comes along, you might need to contact Adobe Support.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd also suggest that you contact the RH folks directly - techcom@adobe.com - I don't think there's many GIT/RH users out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp