• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2019 Breadcrumbs and Project Image for WebHelp Output

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need help with setting up breadcrumbs for online help for another product.  In this case, we are working directly with the html files in an existing project that has been upgraded from RoboHelp 2015 to RoboHelp 2019 and for the most part looks great and works okay, but I have questions on how to get breadcrumbs set up.  I would like to have breadcrumbs on all topics.  This is what I've set up that hasn't quite worked yet.

I created a Master Page that is Type = Breadcrumbs.

I selected all the topics and applied the Master Page to all of them:

That didn't get me what I wanted, and I read this: RoboHelp 2019 - Miscellaneous  and added the Div Style:

This is the result. On the Home page, breadcrumbs look right, but have 2 issues.

1. The Home link it creates doesn't take me back to this page as expected
  2. The breadcrumbs are not showing up on any of the other topics

When I click Home, I see the generic info for the Master Page:

My next question is about the project image:  where the project title is in the blue section at the top (we are using Azure_Blue and this is close to what we used in the old version), is there a way to replace the lighter blue circle with our company logo or are we stuck with the circle?  I see where I can update the favicon, but not where I can update the circle image.

Thanks for your help!

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

A couple of posts in the thread have been deleted as it was found the issue is somehow related to the TOC. In a new TOC without any books, everything works as it should.

The problem is still under investigation.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Topic List and select all your topics there. There's a single checkbox at the top to select them all. I haven't tried selecting all topics the way you did so I'm not sure it works.

I will check out applying breadcrumbs shortly and post back.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I opened the supplied RoboHelp Reimagined sample project and created a Master Page called Breadcrumbs.
  2. Using the icons above the authoring area I added breadcrumbs and saved.
  3. I then went to the Topic List and selected all topics.
  4. I applied Breadcrumbs and saved.
  5. I previewed a topic and it looked OK.
  6. I then generated the output and it's working as expected.

To get the formatting right, you need to attach the CSS where you created the breadcrumbs to the master page. If you are using the same CSS for your topics, that will be OK. See the Master Pages topic in RoboHelp Reimagined or the RoboHelp Tour. Otherwise, open the master page and set the colour there.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure where Topic List is located, but as soon as I have a chance I will take a look and see if I can find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Author mode, it's at the bottom of the left pane.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it at Reports > Topic List and Master Pages has already been selected and applied to all the topics.  I don't see anything that actually says "breadcrumbs" on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's showing what is applied. The checkbox for Master Pages is ticked so there will be a column for it if you scroll across. If the master page is showing, then you just need to sort out the formatting. If not, right click in the list and select Properties there to apply it.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Master Page is applied to all topics and I can verify this in the Master Pages column of the Topic List.  What are next steps to sort out the formatting?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just been rewriting that.

Open the master page and click in the breadcrumbs. Properties should show Breadcrumbs as the Type, as in your first image.

You can use options there to format as required.

OR

You can apply a CSS to your master page and create the style as in your fourth image.

To get rid of the blue circle, open the skin editor and click on Header. In Logo you can either delete what is there or replace it with your own logo.

With those things done, is it then working as it should? If not, what is still wrong?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open the Master Page, the Properties show Breadcrumbs as the Type (as shown in the first pic of this thread).  Nothing has changed yet - I still have these same issues and I'm not sure what to change to get the breadcrumbs to work properly:

1. I only see breadcrumbs on the Home page and the Home link it creates doesn't take me back to the home page as expected, instead I get the generic Master Pages body placeholder (pictured above)
  2. The breadcrumbs are not showing up on any of the other topics (not pictured above) even though the Master Page with the breadcrumbs has been applied to all topics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The home page should be the default topic so clicking Home when it that page should do nothing, as you realise. I am struggling to work out what you have done that would result in it going to the master page.

To be honest I think the quickest way to fix this would be to start again.

1. Go to the Topic List again and select all topics, then remove the link to your master page.
  2. Delete your master page and create a new one.
  3. Go back to the Topic List and apply that to all topics there.

Does it then work?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give that a try and let you know, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed some of the pages but not all.  The Home link now takes me to the correct page, but not all the pages have breadcrumbs even though I selected them all in the Topics List.  Looks like breadcrumbs are not showing up on most but not all of the second level pages. Here's an example:

I have another question, in the 2015 RH version, we had a "show" link to show the navigation on the Home page without the navigation.  Is there somewhere I can add this in the 2019 version? Here is an example of what we had in the old version:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What shows for master pages if you go to the Properties for one of the topics not showing the breadcrumbs?

The equivalent of Show in the new skins is currently broken. Adobe are aware and I expect it will be fixed soon.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shows the Master Page selected.  I'm not seeing any difference in properties when I compare a page that shows the breadcrumbs and one that doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What i do notice is different is that the topics that begin with body > h1 are the ones that are showing the breadcrumbs, but any topics that begin with body > div > h2 > a  - these do not show the breadcrumbs.  What should I do to fix this, since we need the master page to work for both?

This is one that doesn't work:

This is one that works and any of the ones that work start out with body > h1:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect it is the DIV and/or the positioning of the master page in the code that is causing the problem. Look in the source and see where the master page code is. Try moving it to after the body tag.

If you want to put one of each type of topic and the master page in a new project and send it to me, I will take a look later or tomorrow. See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doh, you can't move the master page code as it is in the head section. Send the two topic project as requested.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've sent you a zip file of the project through wetransfer.com to your email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of posts in the thread have been deleted as it was found the issue is somehow related to the TOC. In a new TOC without any books, everything works as it should.

The problem is still under investigation.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter.  To fix this, I removed the Table of Contents and then Auto-created the TOC which put all content to pages at the first level.  I rearranged the pages into books and into the levels and order they needed to be in by dragging topics and using the arrows at the top.  And now the breadcrumbs are working on every page as needed.

I was also able to add the logo in the top left corner.

Thank you for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp