Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2019 Captivate files not in preview or output

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

After importing my Captivate demo and then inserting it into my topic, it's neither showing in the Preview nor generating in the output (Multiscreen HTML5). All I get is a wire frame box with the captivate logo (in preview) and a broken link image in the output (refer below for screenshots).

PREVIEW:

OUTPUT:

Any guidance on how to fix this would be really appreciated.

thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

I have figured out what the issue was. I was publishing my captivate projects in SWF format which, unlike in RH 2017, is not compatible with the HTML5 outputs in RH 2019.

After re-publishing the files in HTML5, my outputs are generating correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about 2019 Classic or the new UI? The latter doesn't have a multiscreen output so if you are using the new UI, it can't be multiscreen.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the new UI. Sorry, I'm not really following on the your response re: multiscreen output. I'm using the preset "Multiscreen HTML5" output, and it generate the rest of my project without an issue, all except for the captivate files.

It's as, even though I have imported the files and inserted them into my topics, the link isn't there so RH isn't able to display either a live preview or include the files in the generated output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have figured out what the issue was. I was publishing my captivate projects in SWF format which, unlike in RH 2017, is not compatible with the HTML5 outputs in RH 2019.

After re-publishing the files in HTML5, my outputs are generating correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you have solved it. My question was about which version of 2019 you are using. There's Classic that looks like the earlier versions and there's a whole new version with a completely different interface. They work in very different ways, hence any post needs to make it clear which version you are using.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp