• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2019 crashing when creating a project

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am supporting a user, who when creating a new project in Robohelp 2019 he gets this error message. 

Application Error 

This application has run into an error.

Please save your unsaved changes and restart from menu

Help>Restart RoboHelp

He is using windows 10 version 1809

I have reinstalled the application and he still getting the same error.

Thank you for your help

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you are IT Support you will have admin rights so we can rule that out.

Are you installing to the default location?

Where are the installation files? Best run from the C drive if problems are occurring.

Beyond that, I think you will need to go to Adobe Support rather than this user forum.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter thank you for your reply. 

When installing I used the default location 

I installed from the C Drive, I have also installed the same software on my PC (a clean install as I have never used the software before and it is working fine for me)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That implies there may have been an earlier version on the rogue machine. That shouldn't make any difference as I have three versions on the machine I am using. However my guess is something got messed up and only Adobe Support can help you with that.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone examined the file or project name that is trying to be used? I'm wondering if perhaps some "special" characters may be coming into play here. Any character other than the standard A-Z, or a-z, or 0-9 or maybe underscore would be considered special.

Or does it happen even if you use something like MyProject as the name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to Captiv8r's comment, also consider the windows user name when considering special characters. In a previous life we had problems with dots in the windows user name and thus in the default project path in the User directory. While I think that's fixed, it doesn't hurt to check if that's a difference between you and them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a feeling that something is lurking from a previous install, that has not been removed correctly to be honest. 

Ive now asked adobe tech support for help as unfortunatly I am also remote to the users location. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp