• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2019: File names showing in TOC instead of topic names for most topics

Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I passed an RH 2019 Classic HTML project on to another writer, who edited it recently in the latest RH 2019. When she generated the CHM file, the TOC showed file names, including underscores, instead of topic titles for all but a few topics. Why would this happen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think if the topic doesn't have a title tag in the head section of the page, then the TOC will display the file name.

What I'm not sure about is how the topic would not have a title tag, as it is normally added automatically in Classic. 

Note that the behaviour in RH2019 Update 12 is a bit buggy, in my opinion, as using the Properties panel, it will look like there is a title. I don't think there are any fixes in Update 13 or 14 though, so I expect that you'll see the same behaviour.

For example, this topic looks like it has a Title according to the Properties panel (note I had to manually delete the title tag using code view to simulate the behaviour):

Amebr_0-1602213743287.png

However, if I check the code, there's no <title>First Topic</title> code in the head section:

Amebr_1-1602213811980.png

And here's how it appears in the TOC:

Amebr_2-1602213851787.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that reply Amebr. The other writer checked the topics, and they all have text tagged as titles in the html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you said "latest RH 2019" did you mean New UI? I made that assumption but perhaps that was wrong. Which patch version do you have - are you both on the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp