• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2019->2020 upgrade breaks redirect

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two projects built in Robohelp 2019 (not Classic) that I've converted to 2020 to fix the iOS output issue. The helps work as expected, with one important exception - previously, the redirect would parse the starting page as belonging to the correct subfolder, and now when I enter the help URL (i.e. www.site.com/help/this-product/) it looks in the top folder (www.site.com/help/Welcome.htm) instead of the subfolder it resides in (www.site.com/help/this-product/Welcome.htm).

Is this a simple fix or do I need to make a change to a script somewhere?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming your start page (not the default topic) is index.htm, try changing that first link to www.site.com/help/this-product/index.htm.

I am assuming welcome.htm is your default topic and not the start page.

What redirect are you referring to?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Yes, welcome.htm (except in the product folder, not the parent) is the intended default page. I could hypothetically get the developers in question to change to the direct link, but I'm trying to fix it on this end if I can.

I mentioned redirect because I assumed the issue stems from the redirect.js script referenced in the index.htm page. I'm wondering if there's some kind of tinkering I can do to point to the intended subfolder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just call index.htm it will then open showing welcome.htm as the topic. Where's the problem?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you enter a web address without an index.htm listed, the web server is normally configured to open the index.htm in that folder automatically. If it's not doing that, I think the web server is set up to redirect that url to a different physical location.

Can you talk to your web server administrator to find out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp