• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2019 > SharePoint Online Connection/Collaborate Profile Set-Up Error

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been struggling to assist one of my technical writers with a continuing issue with her laptop failing to connect to our SharePoint Online site.  Somehow, the connection profile (Team_RoboHelp) on her computer had gotten corrupted.  If I go to "Open Connection," it would state (empty), but if I tried to create a new connection, it showed it still existed.

To get around that, I uninstalled both RoboHelp 2019 and RoboHelp 2017 from her laptop, then reinstalled RoboHelp 2019.  Now, it shows no profiles, and I'm attempting to create a new Connection.

Collaborate > New Connection

Name: Team_RoboHelp

Version Control: SharePoint Online

SharePoint Site URL: https://ourcompanyname.sharepoint.com/sites/Team_RoboHelp

Honestly, it doesn't matter if I type the correct SharePoint Site URL or just enter gobbledygook, because the second I click on Login, I receive the generic "Application Error," which requests that we restart the application.  It doesn't even TRY to contact Microsoft.

TOPICS
New UI , Version control

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What patch build of RH2019 have you got installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On version 2019 14.0.10, sorry for overlooking including that detail

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have a look through some of the other threads around SharePoint? Like https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/robohelp-2019-and-sharepoint-online-connection-profile/td-p/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  This technical writer is on the same work network as my other writers (who do not have these same connection issues), on a computer subject to the same network limits and restrictions as the others.

In following the exact steps for adding a connection profile, the error occurs the very moment you click on "login," so the accuracy of the URL does not seem to matter (I've tried using "blahblahblah" and it behaves identically as for the actual URL).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a new install, based on the files I'd downloaded from Adobe a few days ago.  We installed it on a second computer and are encountering this same problem.  It may be related the the files; I'm going to attempt to re-download and re-install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, the fact that others are working ok & this one isn't means that there's something different about the non-functioning workstation. Maybe you need to give the RH folks a buzz - tcssup@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install as a local admin & update right away - just because they are "fresh" doesn't mean that they include the latest patches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, fresh download of the RH2019 installer. 

Uninstalled old one.

Restarted computer.

Signed in as local admin to install the freshly-downloaded files, then ran updates.

Signed back in as the normal user account on the network to connect to internet and sign into Adobe, then ran updates (again), registered the software license.

THEN tried to add the SharePoint Online connection profile--same error immediately upon clicking "Login."

Any ideas?  We are about ready for a "drinking" lunch. 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope - give the pros a buzz :beer_mug:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have done so.  Thank you kindly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp