• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2019 HTML5 - "click here to see this page in full context" help

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have seen some older posts (for RH2017) that talked about this "click here to see this page in full context" showing up, but couldn't find an answer to my question for RH2019. 

RoboHelp 2019 Responsive HTML5 preset, using Azure Blue skin (if that matters)

Previously our context sensitive help would open a topic directly using the following (or close to it, we have changed it a few times through the RH versions):

file:///C:/Argus/Program Files/ArgusHelp/Welcome_to_Argus_Help.htm?rhcsh=1&rhmapno=1950

(this is a local test, normally it would open from within our software, called by the developer's code)

Where 1950 is the topic to open. Now instead it is opening the default page (Welcome to Argus Help) and showing that link in the top right corner. When I click that link, it *does* go to the correct topic. 

Is there no way to have it go directly to the topic anymore? I am finding customers are not realizing that they have to click the link and for some of them context sensitive is a requirement. 

If there is a way, I would love to know where to change this, as I have scoured all the settings I can find with nothing obvious jumping out at me. I have also re-built the map file for 2019 as I thought that was the problem. 

Thanks,

Joel

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

index.htm is one of the standard ways of open a web page. To go to my website you would need http://www.grainge.org/index.htm but browsers accept www.grainge.org and assume the index.htm part. There are some other page names that work that way but that's a side issue.

You need to make your start page index.htm and never use that for a topic as well. So set your start page to index.htm and then set the default topic to whatever you want.

Maybe then it should work as you expect.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have all updates applied? Current update is 11.

This was a problem that got fixed.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have updated to 11 - so you are saying this isn't supposed to be displaying this way? If so, a fix would be fantastic and solve all my problems. I'll check the update notes and contact Support if it is supposed to be fixed, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regenerate your output to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if the call is the issue because the link should not display with the TOC and toolbar showing. It should only be there when the topic is as it would be if you double click it in File Explorer.

Open the RoboHelp Reimagined sample project and generate the responsive output. Go to that output in  File Explorer and double click one of the generated topics. It should look like this.

image.png

Assuming it does, then the issue must be your call or the project.

Rule out the project by

1. Double clicking one of your topics in File Explorer to check it shows as above.
  2. If it doesn't go to Skins and select the same skin again giving it a slightly different name. Generate that and repeat the previous step with that output.

I think you will see the link at some point and that will point to the call. There is some information on my site about calling CSH help. Check that out and I think I would also get the developers call as well first. I haven't seen anyone else report this since the fix, hence thinking it is at your end.

Of course, you can try Support as well but my guess is they will take you through much the same.

Please let us know how you get on.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I have checked both the reimagined help file and mine, both are showing the same thing, so it seemed to be the call or the project. Ironically this brought me back to where I began with this problem and have already gone over the developers call and it seemed to be correct.

I was conversing with the developer and realized that the URLs before and after the link were actually a bit different, and zeroed in on the "index.htm" part below.

This is the URL that comes up first, and shows the default page (Welcome to Argus Help) and the link in the top right corner:
file:///C:/Argus/Program%20Files/ArgusHelp/Welcome_to_Argus_Help.htm?rhmapno=2030

Then if you click the link in the top right corner, it goes to the correct topic (Variable Properties or map ID 2030) and the URL changes to this:
file:///C:/Argus/Program%20Files/ArgusHelp/index.htm#t=Variable_Properties.htm

I went into RH2019 and changed the Start Page from Index.htm to Welcome_to_Argus_Help.htm, and generated...and it fixed my problem! Hurray!

Then I tried to open the help with just the default call from the software, and the main page now does this:

Recursive problem.png

It seems to be recursively pulling the topic and I don't know why. I know this is a separate problem, but any thoughts on what this could be? Or should I start a new thread about it? 

I changed the Start Page parameter under the General tab of the Responsive HTML5 output. Other than that, I haven't changed anything else recently. Is this a skin problem? Output problem? 

Thanks!

Joel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

index.htm is one of the standard ways of open a web page. To go to my website you would need http://www.grainge.org/index.htm but browsers accept www.grainge.org and assume the index.htm part. There are some other page names that work that way but that's a side issue.

You need to make your start page index.htm and never use that for a topic as well. So set your start page to index.htm and then set the default topic to whatever you want.

Maybe then it should work as you expect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, thank you SO much for all your help! 

I changed it back to Index and of course realized that the call should be changed to Index, which then did the trick and fixed the whole CSH issue. 

I really appreciate it, especially right now when I don't have any time to delve deeply into the Help - although I really need to take some time and absorb all of the changes for 2019. 

Joel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to have helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp