• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2019 & Internet Explorer 11 issue

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are having issues displaying RoboHelp 2019 non-classic sites via Internet Explorer (11) over the intranet.

We have several RoboHelp 2017 sites hosted via IIS 7.5 on a Windows web server (over intranet).

We are beginning to use RoboHelp 2019 (classic & non-classic), using WebHelp and Responsive HTML5.

The 2019 classic sites have no issues displaying.

The 2019 non-classic sites are NOT viewable in Internet Explorer 11 over the intranet.  A blank page with 4 grey squares appears.

The 2019 non-classic sites ARE viewable in Chrome over the intranet.

The 2019 non-classic sites do display successfully locally on the web server.

However, when these sites are 1st accessed locally on the web server in IE, a HTTP 500.19 error appears.

The URL is http://localhost:97

When the IE browser is refreshed, a login screen prompt appears.  After entering login information, the page displays.

The URL changes to http://localhost:97/#t=MainProject%2FSplash.htm

But the site is still not viewable over the intranet in IE.  It's a blank page with 4 grey squares.

We tried both URL's http://servername:97 & http://servername:97/#t=MainProject%2FSplash.htm but neither work.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Thanks

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

I can't help technically (unsure which IIS version is running for example, or the implications of user authentication), but I can post some screenshots of RH2019 (New) output using Azure Blue.

At least you can see someone got a test project running in IE.

I get the grey squares as illustrated when either or both of the following is true:

1) my intranet address appears in Websites you've added to Compatibility View or

2) Display intranet sites in Compatibility View is ticked.

(The graphic illustrates

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if IE is set to use compatibility mode for intranets (Tools > Compatibility View Settings). This will make it fail like you describe, as it forces IE to act like IE7 which doesn't support the technology in modern responsive html5. Your IT should be able to turn it off for everyone (and set up exceptions for specific sites to remain in compatibility mode), I believe

Theoretically a meta tag will override compatibility mode in IE, but I couldn't even begin to guess how to add it in RH2019 NEW. If you can see the code for the skin/layout you are using, try adding it in the head tag. But I don't have RH2019, so not sure what you have access to.

If your IT can't/won't turn off compatibility mode, maybe add a bug report at Adobe Tracker as the tag seems to be auto-magically added in RH11 (and I assume RH2019 Classic, as that appears to be working for you).

The tag is: <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, Amebr.  Unfortunately we still see the issue even after following your recommendation.

We met with Adobe tech support and they also proposed a solution (create a IIS RH directory in Inetpub), but the issue still persists.

It's not clear if RoboHelp 2019 New is actually supported in IE11, as some of their documentation states only RoboHelp 2019 Classic is supported in IE11.  (including the attached Adobe TCS release from Jan. 31, 2019).

The FAQ page also indicates this as well.  https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/using/rh-faq.html

Which browsers support the output generated by RoboHelp (2019 release)?

The following browsers support output generated by RoboHelp (2019 release):

• Google Chrome 65.0 or above
  • Mozilla Firefox 59.0 or above
  • Microsoft Edge 40.0 or above

At any rate, we decided to go with Chrome as the browser for the 2019 New RH sites, as we know the sites work successfully in Chrome.

Thanks,

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't help technically (unsure which IIS version is running for example, or the implications of user authentication), but I can post some screenshots of RH2019 (New) output using Azure Blue.

At least you can see someone got a test project running in IE.

I get the grey squares as illustrated when either or both of the following is true:

1) my intranet address appears in Websites you've added to Compatibility View or

2) Display intranet sites in Compatibility View is ticked.

(The graphic illustrates both implemented. I'm also not sure what "Use Microsoft compatibility lists" does but you could try playing with that setting too)

RH2019_and_compat_view.png

When neither scenario is implemented, the sample project displays for me in IE:

RH2019_no_compat_view.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your research and detailed explanation, Amebr.  We followed your steps and were also able to get the site working on our Intranet!

The only problem for us is that we need to have the compatibility view box checked, as we have several other sites that require this setting.  Otherwise, we'd be 100% set.  But at least now we know that sites can display in IE11 with out using compatibility view.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp