Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2019 | Map Files & Mapping

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have created a few WebHelp systems with RH 2019 and since the feature has been available I've been including the map Files in the Output, however, in all cases when the published version of the WebHelp is opened the first page shown is the default page and not the corresponding page.

ie: When WebHelp was created with RH 2017 we could map the pages to our site so that if the user was on the "all about green" page of our system and pressed help they would be taken to the "all about green" topic. Right now no matter which page a user is when they press the Help button they get the default page.

I would like to have this functionality in our Webhelps output from RH2019. I don't want the default page to open, I need the matching page to open.

I know that in the first few versions of RH2019 Map Files were not at all included but it is now. Does it seem likely that the mapping isn't working yet, either buggy or not fully available, or are my developers making an error when they implement the output package? My Developers have had a lot of difficulty implementing my RH2019 files.

Thank you!

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

I have an idea about why old IDs continue to work, while new ones do not.

In Classic RH, I believe the  map ids were added to a file called csh.js in the output. In New UI the equivalent file is csh.new.js.

Because your developers have written a custom solution to create the URL, I wonder if their solution is looking for csh.js rather than the new file? It's hard to say without knowing what method your developers used to translate the standard RH help call (URL with map id, or api function)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Merci, merci 

Agns2935133486cq_0-1707224462136.png

Le problème venait effectivement de ce fichier qui a changé de nom (csh.js qui est devenu csh.new.js). Et surtout que son format est passé de XML à JSON.

L'appel d'aide a été modifié en conséquence et tout fonctionne bien maintenant.

Merci encore à tous pour votre aide

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In RH 2019, CSH Map IDs are maintained properly. You can use Map file editor to map files. Also map files created in Classic version are upgraded to new RH 2019 map files.

Using you help button, how are you calling a specific page? Are you using query parameters or CSH API directly?

If possible, can you please share the project with us where this is not working?

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I can't answer that. That's what I'm trying to ask.

I create the content, put it in RoboHelp 2019, output it including the map file which is listing all the topics with numbers beside them.

My developers take the output and do magic to it. Then I get a link to our UAT site and test what happens when I press the help button.

When I press the help button WebHelp opens but always to the default page. With our RH2015 WebHelps the WebHelp would open to the topic that matched the page you were on when you pressed help.

What could be going wrong? Where can I start triaging the issue with my team?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surbhi will be offline right now.

I suggest you show your developers this thread as they will be able to provide the detailed sort of information that Surbhi needs to be able to advise you.

If you hover over Surbhi's name above, you will be able to send her a message to arrange how to send her your project. I'm guessing she wants to check things are right as far as the output is concerned.

Then if you can get some information from your developers to post here or in another message, hopefully she will be able to advise you.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My developers too! Good idea! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can directly send details to me at sumahesh@adobe.com

Once we can see how the help button is implemented, we shall be able to resolve this issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

I'm running into the same problem described in this thread. When I upgrade a project into 2019, it brings over the map file and everything looks good. Next -- when I publish as responsive HTML and then access Help from a page in the application, the correct Map ID displays in the address bar, but the default Welcome page loads rather than the page associated with the Map ID.  Were you able to resolve this issue? Did it have to do with how the Help button is implemented?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you generating responsive html5 output before upgrading? If you were generating some other output, your developers might need to change the code for calling the page, depending on how they were calling it. If you can let us know what you were generating pre-upgrade and the method your developers are using, that would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I suspect that you are using the RH_ShowHelp function.

Can you please try with RH_ShowResponsiveHelpWithMapNo function rather than RH_ShowHelp?

1. e.g. <p>Click for <a HREF='javascript:RH_ShowResponsiveHelpWithMapNo("help2/index.htm", "", 2)'>Help</a> (map number 2)</p>

Details of this function are in RoboHelp_CSH.js file. I am pasting it here:

// The Helper function for Responsive Context Sensitive Help using Map Number

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

// Syntax:

// function RH_ShowResponsiveHelpWithMapNo(szHelpURL, szWnd, dwMapNo)

//

// Parameters:

// szHelpURL

// Path to help system start page ('http://www.myurl.com/help/index.htm' or 'help/index.htm')

//

// szWnd

// Name of custom window in which the help is to be shown.

// Allowed values:

// Window Name String      to specify a window : e.g. "ResponsiveWindow"

// Blank String to specify no window : e.g. ''

//

// dwMapNo

// Map number associated with the topic to open.

// Allowed values:

// Map number for a specific topic : e.g. 10

// Zero value for opening the default topic

This shall resolve the issue you are facing. Do let me know if you get stuck anywhere.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Thank you both for your responses. We were not generating HTML5 prior to the upgrade. We were publishing WebHelp Pro using a RH Server 10.

Based on your replies, we have informed the developers of the new script to call help using...RH_ShowResponsiveHelpWithMapNo. 

I hope we can complete a test today, and will update this forum with our results. 

Kind Regards,

Julie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Je viens de migrer mon projet RoboHelp de la version 2017 à la version 2022.

J'ai exactement le même problème.

- Tous les nouveaux ID de mappage créés avec la version 2022 ne me ramènent pas sur la bonne page d'aide, mais restent sur la page d'aide principale.

- Les anciens ID créés avec la version 2017 de RoboHelp continuent de fonctionner correctement.

Mon fichier de mappage (.ali) est bien alimenté correctement avec les nouveaux ID.

L'appel de l'aide au niveau de mon applicatif n'a pas changé : les développeurs indiquent le lien vers notre site web et ensuite le numéro d'ID de la fenêtre sur laquelle on est positionné est ajouté.

L'URL de l'aide appelée est correcte, avec le bon ID :

Agns2935133486cq_0-1705913196103.png

Sauf que c'est la fenêtre d'aide par défaut qui est affichée.

Si je remplace l'ID dans l'URL pour indiquer un ID créé avec la version 2017, il me ramène bien la bonne page d'aide. C'est seulement les nouveaux ID créés avec la version 2022 qui ne fonctionnent pas.

Je n'ai pas trouvé de bonnes réponses à ma problématique sur le forum.

A priori plusieurs utilisateurs ont le même problème que moi, mais pas de solutions qui correspondent.

Merci à celui ou ceux qui pourraient m'aider

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Agnès2935133486cq 

I think you will need to work with your engineers looking at the previous replies. @surbhi_maheshwari is a senior member of the engineering team so you can rely on the information she has already provided being correct.

In addition, there is a page on my site about calling context sensitive help. RH2022 Calling Context Sensitive Help (grainge.org)

Beyond that I suggest for this one you need to go to Adobe Support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp.

Please do not email Surbhi direct as Engineering are not part of Support, unless of course she sees this thread and asks you to.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two ways of getting new IDs.

1. You generate new IDs in Robohelp..

You give the list of new IDs to your developers so they can assign them to the correct screen in the application. 

2. The developers create IDs for each new screen in the application.

They give you the list to add to RH and you assign the new IDs to the correct topics in RH.

Given the old ids work and the new ones don't, I suspect you are not exchanging IDs the same way as you did in RH2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Merci de votre retour.

J'utilise la méthode 2. Ce sont les développeurs qui me donnent la liste des nouveaux identifiants, que je cree dans RoboHelp et les affecte aux sujets d'aide corrects.

Comme l'interface dans RoboHelp a changé entre 2017 et 2022, forcément je ne fais pas exactement pareil.

- En 2017, sur chaque nouvelle rubrique créée je faisais :

[Clic droit], Propriétés, Onglet Avancé, bouton [Modifier les ID de mappage]

Ensuite je choisis mon fichier de mappage dans la liste et je clique sur le bouton [Créer un ID de mappage], je renseigne l'ID de mappage (j'indique le nom exact de ma fenêtre dans mon applicatif) et en numéro de mappage, l'ID que m'a donné le développeur.

Et ensuite, je choisis le bouton [Assigner].

- En 2022, je ne peux pas accéder à l'ID de mappage à partir des propriétés de la rubrique. Elle est visible, mais non modifiable.

Je passe donc par le menu Sortie, Fichiers de mappage. Je choisis mon fichier de mappage et ensuite [clic droit] et Modifier.

Je renseigne l'ID de mappage (j'indique le nom exact de ma fenêtre dans mon applicatif) et en numéro de mappage, l'ID que m'a donné le développeur. Je clique ensuite sur le bouton [+] à droite du champ pour sélectionner ma rubrique.

Et ce nouvel ID se renseigne bien à la suite des autres dans la liste.

A part l'ergonomie dans l'applicatif, je ne vois pas ce qu'il y a de différent entre les 2 versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2024 Jan 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your map file should be a .h file, not a .ali - did you notice from Peter's site that the calls to MapIDs have changed? You haven't mentioned which way your developers are calling the help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je ne comprends pas car dans mon projet robohelp 2022, sur mon fichier de mappage, si je fais [clic droit] et "afficher dans l'explorateur", il me donne bien des fichiers .ali.

Agns2935133486cq_0-1706015024967.png

Dans lesquels je retrouve toutes mes ID de mappage (les anciennes comme les nouvelles créées en 2022).

Les développeurs indiquent dans le code, la constitution d'une adresse URL envoyée dans le navigateur par défaut du poste. Ci-dessous le code Windev correspondant :

Agns2935133486cq_1-1706015729985.png

wi_http est une chaine de caractères

wi_Fen est une chaine de caractères prenant la valeur de l'ID (indiquée dans la fenêtre de mon application à partir de laquelle j'ai appuyé sur le bouton d'aide).

Sur mon poste client, en étant positionné sur une fenêtre de mon application, l'appel de l'aide me renvoie bien la bonne url complétée du bon numéro d'ID de ma fenêtre.

Sauf que l'aide correspondante n'est pas trouvée, et donc je suis positionnée sur l'écran d'aide par défaut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What output are you creating? I don't think you've mentioned what type it is...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Effectivement, c'est un oubli.

J'utilise une sortie Responsive HTML 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the correct map file selected in the Output Preset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Désolée, je n'avais pas vu le message.

J'ai plusieurs fichiers de mappage (un par module), et oui ils sont tous bien sélectionnés.

Agns2935133486cq_0-1706622946345.png

Celui sur lequel j'ai des soucis est CRM (le seul pour l'instant dans lequel j'ai ajouté de nouvelles ID).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And do the contents of the CRM file look the same as the contents of your older existing ones (like PMI for example)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Avec la version 2017, le fichier est un fichier .h avec cette structure :

Agns2935133486cq_0-1706624686790.png

Avec la nouvelle interface (version 2022 pour moi), le fichier est un fichier .ali avec cette structure :

Agns2935133486cq_1-1706624767185.png

Tous mes ID fonctionnent sauf le dernier 5047 que j'ai créée sur la version 2022.

Tous mes fichiers .ali ont la même structure.

J'ai créé d'autres ID (avec la version 2022) dans d'autres fichiers de mappage qui eux non plus ne fonctionnent pas. Ce n'est pas seulement le CRM qui pose problème.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright - got me stumped. You've verified that if you build the call to the topic manually using the URL and mapid provided, that it launches the right topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Si à partir de l'URL, je saisi mon ID (créé en 2022), il ne me lance pas la bonne rubrique, il m'amène sur ma page d'aide par défaut ... comme s'il ne la trouvait pas.

Agns2935133486cq_1-1706627877320.png

Si à partir de l'URL, je saisi un ancien ID (créé en 2017) cela fonctionne, il m'amène bien la bonne rubrique.

Agns2935133486cq_0-1706627809120.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this helps.

RH2022 Calling Context Sensitive Help (grainge.org)

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp