• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2019 New UI-Tab Key Not Working

Participant ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a new project. In previous versions of RoboHelp, I have used the tab key on the keyboard to indent text or insert an image. 

When I hit the tab key on the keyboard in RoboHelp 2019, nothing happens. If I try to use the Increase Indent within the Properties, nothing happens. I must first enter my text and then use the Indent, it works.

Is this how the new version performs? If so, it is very cumbersome to the way I work. I know when I want to indent and just want to use the tab key on the keyboard. Also, the indent no longer works like Word. As I indent, it indents little by little. I do not see a ruler at the top of the screen, so how do I assure all my indents are at the same level?

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Part of the reason for the change in behaviour is they have made RH more CSS and HTML compliant. HTML treats multiple spaces as a single space and doesn't know about tabs at all.  The only place they kept the Tab functionality was to nest lists.

The Increase Indent button adjusts the left margin by 4px each time you click it. You can actually see it if you expand click the button a few times then expand the Properties > Layout section and check the Left Margin value. You could adjust that manually rather than clicking Increase Indent. You need to click the little "link" icon to show all 4 directions (top, right, bottom, left) if there's no margin applied yet, then enter your margin in the Left Margin field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you look at the RoboHelp Reimagined sample project, you will see that many of the images there have specific styles applied. Set Styles to show All and you will see four image styles.

For indented paragraphs create something like p.indent. Set that to indent to whatever you want and then you have the consistency.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp