• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2019 New UI - Upgraded Project Bookmarks Open in New Window

Participant ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded a project into RoboHelp 2019. I am on a topic that contains bookmarks. In the previous version, if I clicked on a bookmark, it would take me to the area on the page. Now when I click a bookmark, it opens a new window and goes to the area on the page. So essentially I have two of the same topic open. 

How do I control the bookmarks to simply go to a place within the topic?

Thank you. 

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at the HTML where you launch the bookmark - that might give you a clue as to what's being added to control the link's behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff.  I am attaching images to this thread.

Here are my links that should go to the spot bookmarked on the topic.

Words that are linked to a bookmark.jpg

I click the first word "Policies" and a new window opens.

Clicked link and new window opens.jpg

I looked at the HTML but I don't see what's causing the new window to open. Do you?

HTML of links.jpg

Thamk you,

Michele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I just discovered that the bookmarks open in another window upon quick generate. The bookmarks work fine once generated and viewed. 

But I'm still curious to know why they will open in a new window for the quick generate when that is not how my previous version of RoboHelp acted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't tell you on that - I've never trusted the built-in "Want to View it Now?" feature in any version of RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually stated the wrong button I was using. I was using the Preview to look at the current topic in view. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the Preview mode in New UI opens all links (bookmarks, other topics and external urls) in a new window. Why? Dunno. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp