Highlighted

RoboHelp 2019 Not allowing upgraded project topics to be updated.

Participant ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just "Upgraded Project RoboHelp Classic project" 

I went to the first topic I needed to update and the some of the bulleted items have an extra bullet.

Extra bullet.jpg

I removed the extra bullet but it removed them all. Now when I try to reinsert the bullets and tab to place the words where I want them, the tab key does not work. I tried using Properties/Alignment/Increase Indent but that does nothing. I went to the bottom of the topic to see if the tab key or Increase/Decrease Incdent works, but nothing happens. 

No Indent.jpg

I am afraid to do anything else for fear of really messing up the guide I am working on. I've never experience issues when upgrading a project to a new version in the past. 

I really hope I don't have to recreate this project from scratch as it very large. 

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RoboHelp 2019 Not allowing upgraded project topics to be updated.

Participant ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just "Upgraded Project RoboHelp Classic project" 

I went to the first topic I needed to update and the some of the bulleted items have an extra bullet.

Extra bullet.jpg

I removed the extra bullet but it removed them all. Now when I try to reinsert the bullets and tab to place the words where I want them, the tab key does not work. I tried using Properties/Alignment/Increase Indent but that does nothing. I went to the bottom of the topic to see if the tab key or Increase/Decrease Incdent works, but nothing happens. 

No Indent.jpg

I am afraid to do anything else for fear of really messing up the guide I am working on. I've never experience issues when upgrading a project to a new version in the past. 

I really hope I don't have to recreate this project from scratch as it very large. 

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is 2019 New UI, not 2019 Classic, correct?

First of all it is a CSS3 / HMTL5 issue so you will not be having to recreate the project.

Create a zipped copy of your project now so that anything that goes wrong is not catastrophic.

Open a topic that has a list and look in two places.

1. In Properties > Styles select All and then click in a list. See what style is highlighted on the right. That should be what needs fixing.
  2. Also select a whole list item and then switch to source view. Copy what you find there and paste it into a reply here.

That should let us get some idea of what is going on. 

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
Participant ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter.

Yes, this is version 2019 New UI. 

This is my finding. 

I am seeing the bulleting issue throughout my project, not just one one topic.

Some of the lists are set as None, while others are set as p (paragraph). 

Here is the first one that is set to None along with source code:

Paragraph None.jpgParagraph None Source Code.jpg

Here is a sample of a list that is set to paragraph:

Paragraph Paragraph.jpgParagraph Paragraph Source Code.jpg

I also zipped a copy of the project. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I see the problem and will give some suggestions in the morning. Late here.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
Participant ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. 

Not sure where you are but I'm in Ohio. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UK. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2020 0