• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2019 not importing Conditional tags correctly

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annnnd yet another problem with 2019 (the new version, not the classic).

I've just tried importing a project to see if variables are correctly imported (they are on the two projects I tried), and discovered that RH is now not importing conditional tagged text correctly.

So, in Classic, the code is:

<li class="list-ordered">Select<?rh-cbt_start condition="Intranet_Only" ?>

<?rh-cbt_end ?><?rh-cbt_start condition="Intranet_Only" ?><span style="font-weight: bold;">Tools</span><?rh-cbt_end ?><?rh-cbt_start condition="Intranet_Only" ?>:   <?rh-cbt_end ?><?rh-cbt_start condition="Intranet_Only" ?><span style="font-weight: bold;">Clause

Organiser...</span><?rh-cbt_end ?><?rh-cbt_start condition="Hidden, Hide" ?>not

<?rh-cbt_end ?><?rh-cbt_start condition="Desktop_Only" ?><span style="font-weight: bold;">Admin</span><?rh-cbt_end ?><?rh-cbt_start condition="Desktop_Only" ?>:   <?rh-cbt_end ?><?rh-cbt_start condition="Desktop_Only" ?><span style="font-weight: bold;">Organiser</span><?rh-cbt_end ?><?rh-cbt_start condition="Desktop_Only" ?>   from the menu, and click the <?rh-cbt_end ?><?rh-cbt_start condition="Desktop_Only" ?><span

style="font-weight: bold;">Clause</span><?rh-cbt_end ?><?rh-cbt_start condition="Desktop_Only" ?>

tab<?rh-cbt_end ?>.</li>

Horrible, right-- for those that can't work it out, it's supposed to be <intranet_only><hide><desktop_only> but the tags multiply as you write. Basically I have two sentences butting up to each other, one for each version of the software, and a <hide> in the middle because RH got a bit dodgy about having two Conditional tags next to each other.

So the text for Intranet should be:

Select Tools: Clause Organiser...

And the text for Desktop...

Select Admin: Organiser from the menu, and click the Clause tab.

However, the new 2019 version comes up with:

<li class="list-ordered">Select <span data-condition="Others:Intranet_Only" style="font-weight: bold;">Tools</span><span data-condition="Others:Intranet_Only">: </span><span style="font-weight: bold;">Clause Organiser...</span>not <span style="font-weight: bold;">Admin</span>: <span style="font-weight: bold;">Organiser</span> from the menu, and click the <span style="font-weight: bold;">Clause</span> tab.</li>

Simpler, right? Except it's missed out <hide><desktop_only> meaning that the text for Intranet is:

Select Tools: Clause Organiser...not Admin: Organiser from the menu, and click the Clause tab.

And the text for Desktop is:

Select Clause Organiser...not Admin: Organiser from the menu, and click the Clause tab.

Which is just so wrong on both counts. It doesn't even get one version right.

And this has been used throughout the project as two applications use the same help.

We also have another product in the range which is even worse for using Conditional Tags so it's not as though this is a one off for us.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2019 it is now just as easy to write the expression in the opposite way. In Classic we all learned it was better to have expression such as Not This and Not That. Now it's just as easy to tag something with say Windows and then have an Include Expression such as Windows when only untagged content and content tagged Windows will get into the output.

It does of course mean you have to redo your tagging but it's looking like that is needed anyway so this might be a good time to make it clearer.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused. In both Classic and 2019, this is what I have for tags applied to each screenshot:

Cindy has Not in Linux, Not in Mac: this is the only one you should see in WindowsOnly output

Jerry has Not in Linux, Not in My Room: this is the only one you should see in Mac Layout

Fred has Not in Mac, Not in My Room: this is the only one you should see in Linux Layout

I have generated each layout in both Classic and 2019. Conditional tags are the same in both versions I sent you, as are the layout definitions. The resulting output is different.

Classic:

• Windows: Only Windows (Cindy) screenshots appear. This is correct.
  • Mac: Only Mac (Jerry) screenshots appear. This is correct.
    • NB. Some of the screenshots in later pages show Cindy but they are Mac screenshots, see three dots upper left. I'm not insulting you, just to be clear.
  • Linux: Only Linux (Fred) screenshots appear. This is correct.

2019:

• Windows: Windows and Linux screenshots on almost every page: Cindy and Fred. Exceptions are Connection, ConnectionProxy and General topics where only Windows shows up so these three pages are correct.
  • Mac: Mac screenshots on every page. This is correct.
  • Linux: Mac and Linux screenshots on almost every page. Exceptions are Connection, ConnectionProxy and General topics where only Linux shows up so these three pages are correct.

Thanks,

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's focus on just Enter My XXX Room and Windows as I seem to have fixed one issue but I'm not sure how.

First let me correct something. I said Only Jerry Brown has that (Nor In My Room) tag so I see Cindy and Jerry. It was the same in your Classic project. In fact Fred has that tag as well so should not have been appearing.

Eventually I created a new topic with just the three images tagged the same as you had. When I generated the output, it should logically have been the same as yours but it was correct, only Cindy appeared. Then I selected your topic in the TOC and that too is correct? I have made no changes to any tags or expressions.

The only other thing I did was to manually clear my output folder but that cannot be it as when I started it was an empty folder, not one you had generated into.

In what you sent me, please create a new topic with just the images. I had a line of text above each but that can't be necessary. Try the same and let me know if it makes any difference.

If it does, please then look at the other topics that were wrong and see if they are now correct.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other topics appear to be wrong but let's agree we are both seeing the right stuff in Enter My XXX Room first. Then I can compare other topics.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Added a new topic to the project with a line of text above each of the images, each image tagged the same way as the ones on the Enter XXX My Room topic. When I generate Windows, I see only Cindy (Windows) on the new topic page. No change, however, to my old pages, they still show Cindy and Fred Windows and Linux). Even tried it with a completely new output folder, same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent you my copy of the project. Let me know how you get on with

that. Tomorrow I will dig into this some more. There has to be something

that's escaping me at the moment.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this.

In the Enter My XXX Room, copy the images to a position outside the table.

Copy not move. Of course it should not make any difference but does it?

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw the reply re Windows. I know other images further down are wrong. Focus is on finding out why the first ones are wrong. When we know that, it will likely tell us what is wrong with the others.

Tomorrow I will compare topic in the original file with the topic in the one now working to find the difference.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jumping ahead of myself, sorry. I'll wait for you to lead the way. Enjoy your evening.

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

We have investigated this issue and identified the cause.

Problem is that whenever there are two consecutive tags to be excluded only one is getting filtered and next one is skipped. We have fixed RH-4448 ticket for this issue. Fix will be part of upcoming update 7. You will not need to upgrade the project again as the issue is with output generation.

Thank you for your patience and help.

Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stranger and stranger. I worked with my changed project so with the page you asked me to create, which had worked. Here are the results:

When I first put in the page, the Enter XXX My Room had the first image correct, only Windows image showed up. Further down, Windows and Linux images were there for the remainder of the images in the topic.

Then I copied the first three images to outside the table, as you had requested. The copied Windows image was the only one that showed up outside the table BUT now in the table, both Windows and Linux images are there, including in the first row.

Then I tried copying some of the duplicated images, took the Settings images almost at the bottom and copied them under the previously copied images from your suggestion. First image on the page is still Windows and Linux but the copied images outside the table are correct: both are Windows and the others do not appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp