Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2019 - Not Recognizing Subscription License After Logging In

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

I need the community's assistance with a weird occurance. Hopefully someone has ran into this before. 

We have Robohelp 2019 installed on multiple PCs and log on with our Adobe IDs (to which the subscription licenses are tied). As a result, we're never asked to enter a serial number (by design). 

One of the PCs that had a trial version installed on it will sadly not recognize the licenses tied to our Adobe IDs and keeps asking for an actual license number. 

Troubleshooting performed:

- Did a fresh install of the latest RH 2019 and chose the option to remove all stored settings during the uninstall

- Went to Windows -> Syste32 and made sure that the "hosts" file doesn't have any entries related to Adobe in it. 

My next step would be to re-image the PC compltely, but I'd like to avoid that if possible. 

Has anyone else ran into similar behavior, and if yes....were you able to find a quick soluion?

Thank you in advance 

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have the same problem. My company has purchased a license for me, I can even see it if I go to "Manage my account" from RH, but I keep getting messages that my trial version will expire on 30 nov when I start RH. I hope this either gets resolved before then or turns out to be a non-issue after then.

I'll keep you posted on how things turn out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(replied to the wrong post)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if the key got changed when the licence was purchased? Go to Help > Sign Out and follow through. Then sign in again with the new serial number. If that doesn't fix it, you will have to go to Adobe Support, either by phoning or emailing techcomm@adobe.com.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try to completely uninstall and reinstall RH, but the reinstalled RH didn't ask for my login credentials, it logged me in automatically (probably because I've also got an Adobe creative cloud subscription), and then gave the license warning.

So now Signed I've out and in. Now it did ask for my credentials. It didn't ask for any license numbers though. However, it also didn't  give me a message about the license expiring, so so far so good.

It could be the expiry message is only shown once a day, so I'll see tomorrow how that goes. Hopefully logging out has solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you sign in again it should first give a screen Sign In Required. Then you should get a RoboHelp 2019 Trial screen. At the bottom there are two options License This Software and Start Trial. If you click License This Software you should get a screen requiring your serial number.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's now past 30 November and my license still works. So apparently the sign-out, sign-in trick worked. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp