Highlighted

RoboHelp 2019 Performance Issues with Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday my office gave me a new laptop with Windows 10 on it. Previously I was running RoboHelp on Windows 8. Prior to getting my new laptop I made a backup of the RoboHelp projects I was working on. RoboHelp 2019 is loaded on my new laptop. I copied my backup files onto my hard-drive and now RoboHelp is running extremely slow on this new laptop. It takes a long time to open and display my project, when I click on a topic to edit it takes a while to load, when I click to insert an image or a drop down text there is a delay. It took almost an hour to output my file yesterday, where previously it took 5-10 minutes. I output in HTML. Basically if I try to do anything, click on a menu, use scrollbar, etc. there is a delay. I'm used to working very quickly.

Just curious if anyone out here have experienced performance issues when moving to Windows 10 and running RoboHelp 2019. I'm the only one in our entire office that uses RoboHelp, so my IT department sadly is not much help. I'm just wondering if I'm missing something simple. I had no delays while working in Word or Excel, just Robo Help. Thanks!

Topics

HTML help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RoboHelp 2019 Performance Issues with Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday my office gave me a new laptop with Windows 10 on it. Previously I was running RoboHelp on Windows 8. Prior to getting my new laptop I made a backup of the RoboHelp projects I was working on. RoboHelp 2019 is loaded on my new laptop. I copied my backup files onto my hard-drive and now RoboHelp is running extremely slow on this new laptop. It takes a long time to open and display my project, when I click on a topic to edit it takes a while to load, when I click to insert an image or a drop down text there is a delay. It took almost an hour to output my file yesterday, where previously it took 5-10 minutes. I output in HTML. Basically if I try to do anything, click on a menu, use scrollbar, etc. there is a delay. I'm used to working very quickly.

Just curious if anyone out here have experienced performance issues when moving to Windows 10 and running RoboHelp 2019. I'm the only one in our entire office that uses RoboHelp, so my IT department sadly is not much help. I'm just wondering if I'm missing something simple. I had no delays while working in Word or Excel, just Robo Help. Thanks!

Topics

HTML help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Classic or new UI? All updates applied? You're creating CHMs? Suggestion - make sure Windows Defender and/or your anti-virus isn't configured to scan all files in your RH folders.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+ any source control involved?

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanking for quick response. I've got IT looking into this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Was wondering if your issue got resolved. I have recently started using RoboHelp reimagined, and just opening a project slows down my complete laptop and makes it unusable. I see that when i launch it 6 processes for Robohelp get launched. Is that what slows it down? 

GaganK_0-1595620363886.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those figures are much higher than I am seeing with just opening RoboHelp. You have mentioned RoboHelp Reimagined. That is a sample project. Perhaps you opened that as well and not just opened RoboHelp, that might account for the figures being different.

However, that should not make your laptop slow right down. Provided the device meets the required specs, try Support so they can check the installation is good.

Also check Help > About and make sure it is 2019.0.14. If not, apply updates.

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much for all your replies :). Yes, i am on 2019.0.14. 

i literally just have robohelp open and no project open when this happens. When i actually start opening projects and start using them, all programs get slow and there is lag just typing words in browser etc. 

2020-07-24_14-23-15.gif

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines