Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2019 - Publish Project to SharePoint Online

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I know there have been a lot of posts in the last couple of years regarding RoboHelp 2019 and SharePoint Online. I have read them several times and am starting a new thread because I believe I am at a lower level than all of you and need help with some very basic questions.

1. Back in a 2018 posting Peter made a comment that, at that time, SharePoint Online was only for collaboration. Publication was via SharePoint using RoboHelp 2019 classic.  I believe I read somewhere / was told by Adobe support this is no longer true - that you can publish to SharePoint Online with the correct version of RoboHelp 2019.  We are on RoboHelp 2019.0.10.  Can someone tell me if our version will let us publish to SharePoint online?  Note that I cannot using the RoboHelp Update feature determine the latest version.  It has been disabled on my machine.

2. In reading the RoboHelp User Guide 'Publish to SharePoint Online' (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/robohelp/user-guide.html/in/robohelp/using/publish-sharepoint.ug.html) I see the requirement to 'whitelist' the 3 URLs. I do not have the admin permissions to do this on my machine. Before I go to my tech support I need to understand what I am asking them to do. I can reach the 3 URLs via internet explorer outside the RH environment. Does this mean that I still have to have them whitelisted?  If so, does every user of my project have to have the sites whitelisted or is it needed only for those of us who will be publishing projects to SharePoint Online?

3. The 'Collaborate Using SharePoint Online' (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/robohelp/user-guide.html/in/robohelp/using/sharepoint.ug.html) talks about the login to  MicroSoft from the Connection profile and acceptance of the permissions requested by RoboHelp. Since I don't have Admin permissions is this something I can do on my own (once I get past the other hurdles) or will I need my tech support available?

Thanks for your help and patience with me.  We were tooling along loving RoboHelp Classic 2019 but can no longer use it since our documentation site migrated to SharePoint online and the Classic interface is not compatible with SharePoint online. 

Michelle Waltmire BMO Harris Bank N.A.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With RH2019 Update 12, when I add a publish profile, Sharepoint Online is an option in the server type, so at least with Update 12, it looks like publishing is possible. I haven't tried it though.

The latest update is 14. You can check the issues fixed in the updates for 2019 here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/fixed-issues-2019.html

I think the whitelisting would be done once for the entire organisation by your firewall administrator, although I'm definitely not an expert. It's certainly not something you do yourself. It would be best to discuss this with your company's security team, I think. 

Do note that the help pages are for RH2020, not RH2019, so not everything you read will be accurate for RH2019. I don't know if the information about publishing or using Sharepoint for source control are inaccurate, but just be aware that's a possibility.

Hopefully someone else with Sharepoint experience will be along with more concrete advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that support for Sharepoint as opposed to Sharepoint Online was dropped in 2019. Now there is just Sharepoint Online for both source control and publishing. Publishing just converts the file format.

Sharepoint was more correctly Sharepoint Server and was local.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter and Amber.  If I understand the responses correctly my best course of action is to install the latest version of RoboHelp 2019 (Version 14 according to Amber) then try again to establish the Connection Profile.  I am still a bit confused about the whole subject of Whitelisting and if that has to be done only by the members of the team who will be publishing projects or if we must have the listed sites 'whitelisted' for all our users.  Note - I have had to put the RoboHelp issues on hold until after the 1st of the year due to other high priority projects. We are living with a PDF version of our content until I have completed the current project and can continue working through the RoboHelp issues.  Thank you to the community for your time and your patience in helping me understand how to use RoboHelp in the SharePoint Online environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should be able to connect with Update 10, which you are on, however there have been a lot of bug fixes since 10. So it would probably be worth updating. You can check all the fixes here: https://helpx.adobe.com/au/robohelp/kb/fixed-issues-2019.html

I get the feeling the firewall is configured once for the entire organisation, but I'm not a security expert. So talk your firewall administrator for a proper answer. If it's possible to whitelist for individual users, everyone who uses Robohelp to edit, generate or publish the help will need the addresses whitelisted (so they can get the project source files from the sharepoint source control area). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp