• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2019 (Reimagined) not publishing correct files to SharePoint Online

Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10 and RoboHelp 2019 (Reimagined).

RoboHelp is not publishing correct files to SharePoint Online. It publishes them correctly to the local drive but a previous help system displays when publishedto a SharePoint Online folder. I have Republish All checked, the upload location is correct, and the address is correct, I have created a new folder on SharePoint and published to that but the problem still persists. I am using Responsive HTML5. 

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Clearing cache worked. Can't change browsers as the application only works with Chrome. I should not have to do that every time I publish, but it is a relatively painless workaround. Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you generate locally & manually copy the output to the new Sharepoint location, does it display properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible, but the local output is .htm files and the SharePoint files are .aspx. Also the TOC is not visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're never going to have RH create aspx files as output (afaik). What were you using before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't aspx what RoboHelp generates to Sharepoint?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Peter - never heard of RH creating .aspx files before...but I've only heard horror stories about using SP 🤣

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, aspx is what RoboHelp Reimagined generates to SharePoint online. I used RoboHelp Classic to create these files and published them to a SharePoint subsite. Had no problems with that. SharePoint online is an issue but I have to use it since the old site is being decommissioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I got the project to publish except that it has the TOC from another project. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The publish process does not remove old content. That should not affect the TOC as the new file will replace the old. I can't see how that wouldn't work other than there being a cache issue.

Have you tried clearing the cache or using a different browser?

If that doesn't help, I think I would manually trash what is on SharePoint and publish afresh.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, cool, I stand corrected - learn something new everyday.😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When publishing to SharePoint online, the TOC does not update if changes are made to it. When published locally, the corrections are there. The topics update correctly in SharePoint and locally. I had a meeting with Adobe Tech support and Microsoft SharePoint support about this and am waiting to hear back from 

Adobe regarding a fix. And Adobe Tech Support calls it RoboHelp Reimagined. Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spoken to the Director of Products. I repeat RoboHelp Reimagined is the sample project, not the product. See if you can find Reimagined on this page or anywhere else on Adobe's site other than in reference to the sample project. Support are wrong.

Hope they do better with your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clearing cache worked. Can't change browsers as the application only works with Chrome. I should not have to do that every time I publish, but it is a relatively painless workaround. Thanks for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp