• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2019 Responsive HTML5 - Opening topics in new window

New Here ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a help project set up to export as responsive HTML5. When viewing the help in a browser, if you right click on a topic link in the ToC and choose to open it in a new window, the topic file will open without the help file skin around it (it will just open the base topic text into the new window).

We couldn't find any way in RoboHelp to adjust this behavior. How can we open a topic in a new window so it appears as it would if you would have just clicked on the link normally?

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

I have this page bookmarked.

Issues fixed in Adobe RoboHelp (2019 release)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there's any automatic way to do this, but there should be a link that you can click on to open the toc and skin.

For example, here's a direct link to a topic in Peter Grainge's excellent site. You should see "Click here to see this page in full context" in the top right:

RoboHelp 2019 - Printed Documentation Output

However, I did just try it locally with a test output and didn't get the link, so perhaps there's a bug in a particular release. Can you confirm which version of RH2019 you're using (New or Classic), which update you have installed (the latest is 7) and which skin you're using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as opening from the TOC is concerned it will always open just the topic as the link is a direct call, the same as if you double clicked it in File Explorer. In WebHelp in the top left corner you will see a Show link that opens the full help with the TOC and menu bar, In Responsive help you see Click here to see this page in full context" in the top right as Amber has explained.

You are not seeing that as there is a known bug in 2019 that will hopefully be fixed in an update soon.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using RoboHelp 2019 (New) with the latest update (update 7).

Is there an easy place to see patch notes so that we can be informed right away when this bug is fixed?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this page bookmarked.

Issues fixed in Adobe RoboHelp (2019 release)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.
I have the updated version, and the same thing keeps happening.
It was not solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem that was fixed is this part.

In Responsive help you see Click here to see this page in full context" in the top right as Amber has explained. You are not seeing that as there is a known bug in 2019 that will hopefully be fixed in an update soon.

I suspect what you are referring to is the opening of a different tab.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp