• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2019 Search: Frameless Output

Enthusiast ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two questions about RoboHelp 2019 search functionality for the Frameless output (using Orange skin). 

1. Is it possible to configure (expand or contract) the number of characters displayed in the context provided below each topic title in search results? This is possible in RH2017 HTML5 Responsive output, but I can't seem to find it for this output in RH2019.
  2. It appears that RH2019 frameless output restricts search results to 20 topics. Is there a way to configure (expand or contract) this? 
TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. Not in the way it was done in Classic. There is the option of using Properties > Topic > Description but that involves creating the descriptions. You then tick a check box in the preset.
  3. Not that I can see either.

I have made some enquiries on both points.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate the tip on using the description as context, Peter. I'm probably not interested in that solution though - one of the things I noticed about search context in RH 2019 that I like is that it appears to use text with the first instance of the search term- whereas RH 2017 context is just the first X number of characters from the beginning of the topic. So I think RH 2019 is an improvement. 

Hoping there's a way - even if I have to manually edit some program files - to fine-tune the number of characters in context and to expand the number of search results beyond 20. Thanks for looking into this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is hoped both the issues you reported will be in the next update, which should be released in the next couple of weeks.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also noticed this restriction to 20 search results in the frameless output. This number is quite low. Hopefully it will be made configurable or at least expanded in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info! Expecting the next update should be arriving soon...!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this is done in the Output preset for a Frameless skin now:

26-02-_2020_15-42-18.png

Just in case somebody didn't find it by now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp