• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2019 sometimes displays black rectangles instead of images

Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 2019 outputs some images as black rectangles instead of images when producing HTML.  

Context

• We've upgraded from FrameMaker 11 and RoboHelp 10 to FrameMaker 2019 and RoboHelp 2019.
  • Frame 11 and RoboHelp 10 are on a Windows 7 machine. 
  • Frame 2019 and RoboHelp 2019 are on a Windows 10 machine. 

See screenshot for visual. 

As always, any help is much appreciated. 

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What image format are the problem images? png, jpg, svg, something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amebr - I am not ignoring you. I need time to do some kind of inventory. At first glance, it looks like a mixture of image formats, not SVG though; more in the line of .PNG and JPG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did an inventory and saw that the format of the image does not matter.
What does seem to matter is the use of text boxes overlaying the images and the lines pointing to specific parts of the image.

Once these are removed, the image appears in the HTML output.

See the attached screen shots

NUMBER 1 (3).pngNUMBER 2 (2).pngnumber 4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This content in RH is coming from FM? If so, what edition of RH2019 are you running and are you using the "new" or "classic" version? Are your images (and callouts if the screen shot displayed correctly) inside an anchored frame?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff - The content is definitely coming from FM. As for the "edition", I'm supposing you mean "Adobe TechCommunication Suite v8.0, 2019 release, version 14.0.9". I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I'm using the Classic version. In regard to images, yes, they're inside anchored frames and are often furnished with text boxes that contain explanatory text. The text boxes have vanished, though the markings of the line tool have remained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I was thinking maybe svg images were the problem but that looks like it's not the case.

You have Classic if you have the traditional ribbon toolbar, and the New version if you have a really minimalist, colourless interface. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC, callouts all have to be contained in one image inside the anchored frame in FM for them to come over to RH successfully. Was this working for you before using TCS2019?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff -

Yes, it was working.

Previous projects were made with FrameMaker 11 in combination with RoboHelp 10, but we are preparing for production with 2019.

Attached is an image of the situation in FrameMaker: An anchored frame that contains an image supplemented wtih callouts and lines made with the line tool.

As for HTML 5, no.

I guess I'll soldier on for now.  ðŸ™‚

Thanks for your responses!

JC.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you were creating HTML5 pages with these same images that are now just showing as black boxes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, forgot you were doing WebHelp; so this was an existing RH10 project that you upgraded to RH2019.0.9 Classic or a brand-new import of upgraded FM11 content?

PS - don't attach images - just add them to your post inline at a large size so it's easier to see them & don't have to be downloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the previous .xpj file used to create the RH10 project.

And yes, Classic

Classic.png

 

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try starting up RH2019 Classic first & then selecting the old RH10 .xpj file to see if the conversion proceeds better this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
No luck. I've sent an appeal for help to techcomm@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp