• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2019 & Team Foundation Server

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My organization (part of provincial government) uses Team Foundation Server 2015 to track version control. With RoboHelp 2017 and earlier, I used the Microsoft Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider to connect to TFS.

Am I missing the secret handshake that will allow me to connect to TFS in RoboHelp 2019 or is that functionality simply not available?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

I raised this issue/question during the recent RH 2019 announcement/webinar and was informed that support for TFS is coming in a future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I raised this issue/question during the recent RH 2019 announcement/webinar and was informed that support for TFS is coming in a future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, RoboFan! That's good. I can play around getting the formatting set up until then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SHillaby​​,

Update 2 of RoboHelp 2019 was released couple of days back. This update contains TFS connector as well along with other features. You can see the full list at Issues fixed in Adobe RoboHelp (2019 release)

thanks,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was happy to see the option of TFS in Update 2, but has anyone found any documentation yet on how to configure the TFS connector?

Regards,

Kelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem. Myself and another documenter share the same project. Everything works with Classic 2019 but it only half works with 2019: I'm able to get myself situated but my coworker cannot. All the information matches (local files, Visual Studio, RH) and we've even uninstalled and reinstalled RH on her computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you both have Update 14 installed?  What exactly do you mean by "half works"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We both have update 14, yes. By "half works" I mean that I have no problem making updates, checking in, checking out. My coworker's connection profile is identical to mine (except for the VS workspace) plus everything in her VS is the same as mine, but she does not have the option to check in when in RH. When she makes a change to a project, the check in button is always grayed out. Her error messages vary: sometimes it's not connected to the server or a different workspace is connected. To me, it feels like something might be up with the computer itself (it was previously used by another coworker), but I wanted to check this forum for anything we might have missed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Given it works for you but not you colleague it does sound like something specific either to her login or computer.

I haven't connected to source control for a long time (and never with New UI) but there were a few things that used to cause issues that you could check. Remember, this was years and years ago, so I would hope none of them apply any more. 🙂

Dots in users names and thus in the file path, if you are getting your projects to Desktop or Documents or My Robohelp Projects. Since that incident, I've always 'got' my projects to something like c:\help\project to avoid this issue,.

If you have a dot and are saving the docs to one of those places, then the problem might be something different. Perhaps some of the source files or settings have a hard coded path containing your details. I imagine that could cause RH to freak out. Not sure how to determine that in New UI but start with the version control settings to see if there's anything obvious.

Multiple workspaces in TFS. My devs had a meltdown over this one. If people using RH had two workspaces in TFS RH would freak out (that's a technical term, because I can't remember what the symptom was, just that things broke.) Perhaps you only have one workspace and your colleague has multiple? Or can you set a default and you and your colleague have different defaults?

Hopefully someone with New UI TFS experience will jump in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp