• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2019 - Upgrade Project (from RH2017) CSS Dependencies Error

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While working on upgrading two separate projects from RoboHelp 2017 to RoboHelp 2019, one of my technical writers is receiving notification that "Upgrade has completed with issues."  The reported issue is this:

Warning: Failed patching and copying CSS Dependencies from C:/Commissary/RHStyleMapping.css.

Warning: Failed patching and copying CSS Dependencies from C:/Banking/RHStyleMapping.css.

Both of these projects were originally created in RoboHelp 2017 by a person who is no longer with our company.  My writers (and I) are not particularly familar with CSS files.  (I did confirm that the RHStyleMapping files involved are not identical, but aside from the 114KB and 111KB file sizes, I have not delved into line-by-line details).

The "upgraded" versions display no TOC, no indices, no glossary, no topics or contents of any sort.

I am not certain where the problem lies with these projects.  Other projects created by this same former writer were successfully converted.  If all of them have the same look-and-feel, would it be OK to attempt replacing the RHStyleMapping.CSS with one from a sucessfully-converted project?

Addendum: I renamed the original RHStyleMapping.CSS within the Commissary project to .OLD and replaced the original with the RHStyleMapping.CSS from a different 2017 project that was successfully upgraded to 2019.  The same error occurred, which makes me think the problem is not the CSS file so much as it is the way its contents are being used by *something* within these projects.  I can't even begin to plot out how we would track down what/how/where this is happening.  Looking for ideas!  Thanks so much

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrading to the new UI 2019 or 2019 Classic?

Either way it is not something anyone else has reported. I would have asked you to send me the CSS but there are obviously more issues than just that.

Can you share one of the projects? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

I will take a look at it tomorrow.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear, send the project before upgrade so that I can upgrade it and

compare.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Content removed as not relevant to this thread.

Peter Grainge. Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded my project with version 2020.6.34 and see this error. "Jmel1n" - how did you resolve this issue (or did you)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@prhmusic2 The version you quote is a beta build so questions on any issues with it should not be posted here. For production work you should still be on Update 5.

Upgrading will have applied changes so you should revert to your backup and await the release of Update 6, which is expected soon.

Email me for more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp