• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2019 - WebHelp doesn't generate my imported files

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm transitioning from RoboHelp 2015 to RoboHelp 2019.  At my company our products provide us with the information for the HTML files in a Word document and I'm able to "successfully" import these files into my RoboHelp project.  I've also figured out how to get all the styles to import over so that the htm files in the Contents file look the way they are supposed to look.  I've also added a Master Page for the footer for all these files and I select it when I set up the WebHelp settings.  When I generate the WebHelp files is where I see the disconnect.  It "successfully" generates, but it doesn't generate my imported files.  I just get the FirstTopic.htm file in output.  Where have I not connected the dots?

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

I think this may work.

Double-click the TOC so it opens where you normally edit topics.

Then right-click the blank space and see if the context menu sports an "Auto-create TOC" option to choose.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to get this straight - you had an existing project in RH2015, then you upgraded it to the new look RH2019, then added more content by importing Word docs & now the output doesn't show, what? Nothing except some placeholder First Topic? Your RH2015 topics, but not anything newer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not using any of the old RoboHelp 2015 projects and not trying to upgrade anything. This is a brand new project with the import of a Word document in RoboHelp 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok - so you see the topics in the project, but zip when WebHelp is created? Have you got a TOC in use in the project & is it included in the WebHelp preset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I see topics, but not getting them generated in the WebHelp.  In this case we don't need a TOC, index, glossary or search, so I have them set to default in the WebHelp > Content.  I don't have a default topic, so maybe this is the issue.  Here is what I currently have set up.RH2019whContent.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also not sure what my Start Page should be in WebHelp > General. In Layout I'm selecting a master page that I've imported for the footer and selecting a skin. In the Search section I'm unselecting everything since it's not needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure you need to have a TOC defined (and if it's the only one, it's considered the "default" one in the preset) for anything to appear in your browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff is correct. In 2019 what you see in your output is what you have defined in your TOC. Nothing there, nothing in the output.

See the TOC topic in the RoboHelp Reimagined sample project.

The start page should be index.htm and not any topic or master page in the project. RoboHelp creates it. That is unchanged from previous versions.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was helpful for getting me set up properly for the Start Page field. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Complete aside - why are you creating WebHelp when Adobe's pouring all sorts of effort into Responsive HTML5 these days? Just curious...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fair question. Our developers are used to getting the WebHelp files generated from previous RoboHelp versions, but I plan to also give them the option of the Responsive HTML5 files and find out which they want to use in the application going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get all my topics added to the TOC without having to add them individually?  In some cases I may have 50-2000 topics.  I tried to add all the topics in as a book, but it only added and generated the first topic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC there should be a "skim through your project & pick out the topics" option available - however with this redesign, who knows where it's hiding now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this may work.

Double-click the TOC so it opens where you normally edit topics.

Then right-click the blank space and see if the context menu sports an "Auto-create TOC" option to choose.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be topics that need to be in the TOC to get them into the output but that you do not want the user to see in the TOC. For such topics, click on them and in Properties you will see a Hide in Output option.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add, you can multi-select books and topics in the TOC and then apply the Hide option.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked, I needed to choose Auto-Create TOC and check Delete TOC before creating new.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need a TOC, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like the import of the Word document is importing correctly to several htm files.

RH2019import.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp