RoboHelp 2020 does not link/import FrameMaker 2020 files

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Windows 10 and the latest updates to RoboHelp 2020 and FrameMaker 2020. Linking and importing FrameMaker documents within RoboHelp used to worked with the 2017 versions of the software. It does not work using the 2020 versions. I create a new project in RoboHelp 2020, create a new folder, link or import FrameMaker 2020 documents or book, then try to Create/Update the files, but no topics are created. Are there steps needed to get this to work? This is basic functionality that should work out-of-the-box. Need to deliver work, so I do not have months to wait for a fix. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

RoboHelp 2020 does not link/import FrameMaker 2020 files

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Windows 10 and the latest updates to RoboHelp 2020 and FrameMaker 2020. Linking and importing FrameMaker documents within RoboHelp used to worked with the 2017 versions of the software. It does not work using the 2020 versions. I create a new project in RoboHelp 2020, create a new folder, link or import FrameMaker 2020 documents or book, then try to Create/Update the files, but no topics are created. Are there steps needed to get this to work? This is basic functionality that should work out-of-the-box. Need to deliver work, so I do not have months to wait for a fix. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you see Surbhi's answer over on the other thread?

"In contents panel, you can right-click and select Link> Link File. Now select the .fm, .book which you want to link to RH project. Once the file is linked, you can right-click on it and select Create/Update Topics. This will generate html topics in RH. Same is the case with import workflow.

Whenever a linked file will be changed in FM, it will trun out of sync. You can sync it both ways: from source to RH project or vice versa. I am using RH 2020 Update 2 and FM 2020 (build number:16.0.1.817). Please check your RH and FM versions.

Kindly let me know how you are using it. If needed we can connect over a screenshare call to resolve this asap. Kindly email me at sumahesh@adobe.com

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks you, that person was responding to someone else. It does not work. That is why I posted now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, them give him a buzz or contact the support team - see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your support contact options.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have contacted Adobe using the information provided.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update the thread when you get an answer to help others of us out.😁

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0